• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter in June?

another quick question how come motorcycle riders get away with illegal trails easier then we do?
on the way to walker there is a clear cut .gated closed. that four years ago might have a bike rider or two. now you can barely drive up hwy9 in that area because so many are parking all over on the side of 9..i counted probably twenty rigs with trailers a couple weekends ago,how can they be doing this and nothing being done? why cant i just show up there in my 4x4 and start making trails? or can i? could i have a bad ass wheelin spot for a couple years?or is it that like stated before the numbers are big so they just dont know how to handle whats going on in this spot?

thats a good question

Remember this: Critical Mass. Hundreds of tickets are issued, and each one gets challenged, DNR will drop them because of the weeks needed to spend in court.

We need critical mass so that DNR will change their mind regarding policy rather than fighting us. Busting 5 or 10 people for disobeying the law is easy, but 100 or 200 people would require playing politics.

Maybe but I don't think that small of numbers is critical mass. More like a nice revenue day for the DNR........
The DNR is laying off workers. I'm sure one of those workers about to loose their job would be happy to sit in court and process tickets.:;

another quick question how come motorcycle riders get away with illegal trails easier then we do?
on the way to walker there is a clear cut .gated closed. that four years ago might have a bike rider or two. now you can barely drive up hwy9 in that area because so many are parking all over on the side of 9..i counted probably twenty rigs with trailers a couple weekends ago,how can they be doing this and nothing being done? why cant i just show up there in my 4x4 and start making trails? or can i? could i have a bad ass wheelin spot for a couple years?or is it that like stated before the numbers are big so they just dont know how to handle whats going on in this spot?

Whole conversation on its own. I am for we should be treated the same with the same access rights but--plain and simply they can ride an area and leave VERY little trace.

The gas company has had major problems 4x4's up there. They have cameras and patrol the area quite frequently, you will be in deep **** if they catch you up there.

I wheeled Reiter lots about a year and a half ago with my CJ5 and loved it, sold that jeep to start the buggy and now its closed. I would be there for sure with the new rig if it opens. :awesomework:

I'll be there. And find some hole down the road to camp if they wont let us camp at the rock garden.

I will try it since its very close to home but most likely I will be making long hauls to other places.
Honestly if they open it back up and there are only one or two trails it will be a giant cluster and those two trails will be thrashed in the course of opening weekend. Also if there are only going to be 2 trails they will most likely be novice level trails to accommodate the majority of wheelers.

Is that why you are selling the buggy Money?

I'm not.....fooled ya!......and many others.:cheer::fawkdancesmiley:

As for Reiter, I will not be detoured to wheel an area due to speculation of overuse.:; What? all of a sudden we're physic, tree huggers? Not me.....

Camp along the river down the road. There has been camping there since the 70's :awesomework:

I'm not.....fooled ya!......and many others.:cheer::fawkdancesmiley:

As for Reiter, I will not be detoured to wheel an area due to speculation of overuse.:; What? all of a sudden we're physic, tree huggers? Not me.....

Its not the overuse that detours me its the stuck in traffic on boring trail that detours me.

I am sure its been answered before but who owns the rock quarry right there and have they been involved in these decisions? Is anybody friends with the owners or is it DNR/state owned? If they are private maybe they would sell some parking/camping property on the weekends to the really serious Reiter wheelers and bikes? I am sure if that was possible it would have been done by now but was a thought. I will go support Reiter if they open it at all..:awesomework:

No, go back and re-read through all the yes'...I'd pass for another day though, other places with less crowds till the novelty wears off

count me in!!!! imgonna start working in the next two weeks!!! so i will be able to fix my junk,and yes it is time to take back our land...so if it is open,and small we flood it!!!if they see that it is overwhelming then they will have to do something.. when i was at walker kim had mentioned all the extra use at walker now,and how its changing things so quick....dnr is coming to a point where stuff has got to change..

There are some areas that have closed gates but Bikes and Quads are legal to ride. I wont say exactly where but it is on the way to Walker and there are already reports of 4x4's blazing illegal trails. :looser: You might want to check the area out some more before assuming THEY are there illegaly. :awesomework:

Was there someone on here that had a spot for sale at goldbar nature trails? I may be interested if so.

If your serious PM me Mark. My wife's grand parents have two and last time I talked with them (christmas time) they were talking about selling one or both lots.