• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter June 5th 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Just getting it on the calender.

Hopefully we will have a good plan by the end of this week.

I am guessing the next work party will require the following for gear

People
Ways to clear trails, and be ready to mark them
So please bring PPE

Charlie please let me know if anything needs to be added, more information would be good.

OK here we go

Just got this from David in an E mail

June 5th Reiter Foothills Work Party
Celebrating

Looks like a great work party planned for the 5th. I will try and think of you all and send good vibs from Moab, UT while I am out running trails that day with other Grand Cherokees as part of Grand Slam West Moab.

Now I am off to check into my RV Camp Site and then hit the trails after unloading the ZJ. WOO HOO Get that work accomplished guys and gals..:awesomework::awesomework:

Post some good photos at the end of the work party...:corn:

Ok....here we go.

It is my opinion that opening Deer Flats Rd is a poor idea and should not be done. If my near-sightedness of the situation has clouded the over-all picture (read: benefit to us) I would love to be enlightened and am very receptive to all responses.

While this post is in no way a call of action or suggestion of protest, I will not encourage others to participate in preparing Deer Flats Rd for the planned re-opening on June 20th.

I believe that encouraging the DNR (and the FS) to make decisions that will benefit us (ORV users) should be our first and foremost goal in this relationship we have with them. Diplomatically Selfish:awesomework:

Here:eeek:is where I might lose you: I would like to focus the work party on closing trail entrances off of Deer Flats Rd that will NEVER AGAIN be used by ORV's (this idea I do agree with, I just don't agree with the "plan" of re-opening). *I think making it harder for the partyers to party where they like to party, would be the most beneficial.*

If your response entails you "choosing a side" then you are not you ready to discuss and deal with these type of situations. If you can rationalize reasoning and logically examine and deduce ideas (think like an adult:D) then lets rapp.

Last edited:
I agree with you Mark. I face some of the same things at work, when a dead line is set it has to be met in some way to please the "gods" even if it is not so good for the bigger picture. I am not sure how to handle the DNR when they say we are gonna open these two roads. Do we just say no thanks? Those people that are going.. what do we do?

Do we just say no thanks? Those people that are going.. what do we do?

I can't tell you (or anyone) what to do. However, I have expressed what I am not doing so that others may chose to do the same.......not going to help re-open the road.

While the choice to re-open the road may not be ours to make (it should be) we do have other choices to make that may have a similar impact.

I can't tell you (or anyone) what to do. However, I have expressed what I am not doing so that others may chose to do the same.......not going to help re-open the road.

While the choice to re-open the road may not be ours to make (it should be) we do have other choices to make that may have a similar impact.

I read you. :awesomework: I think if all the true info is avalible to the people that volunteer there time this weekend they can make there own choice. I think we all need to be aware of how much :kissmybutt: we do to the DNR and be sure to let them know what we want... the best for Reiter, the best for us, the responsible wheelers. Keep it up.

I understand the agrument but as volunteers we have to take the good with the bad.

This work party is not opening anything up..

This work party is not opening anything up..

You're technically correct, but the volunteers would be preparing the road for the re-opening on the June 20th........which, by the way, is the following work party scheduled at Reiter. So yes, if you volunteer to complete all tasks tagged for this coming work party, Saturday the 5th, then you are (by extension) helping to re-open Deer Flats Rd.

One thing to be noted: It appears that the road will only be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9am to evening (TBD). The lower gate will be closed every night and opened every morning (on days open) and remain closed during the week. If this is true, it will alleviate some of my (our) concerns.:awesomework:

So who is going to be locking and unlocking the gate? I can see it getting left open...

I dont think I am going to make it up for this work party or the next. Have to get my truck ready to go play at Naches for 10 days.

You guys have fun and hopefully it will work out well in the end.

One thing to be noted: It appears that the road will only be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, 9am to evening (TBD). The lower gate will be closed every night and opened every morning (on days open) and remain closed during the week.

I know there has been talk of this but has it been determined yet?

I know there has been talk of this but has it been determined yet?

NO, this isn't set in stone yet. And from what I understood at our Forest Watch meeting, the lower gate will not be open for vehicles only Mtn Bikes and Horses to use the May Creek road.

I have a meeting scheduled with CPL Goldmark next week for several ORV groups leadership to oppose this opening in person. There is still time to stop this opening. I need a WOW representative to contact me if they are against it also and wish to be involved.

[email protected]
206-200-5787

Status
Not open for further replies.