• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter update April 2015

boxboy

can I be your friend...
DNR would like to reminder as we are entering fire season when recreating on DNR land if you are found to have started a forest fire you will be responsible for 100% of the cost to of the fire! the cost to fight the fire the cost of lost timber sales and so on.

Also DNR is starting to see a lot of ringed trees from winching so as a reminder please use tree savers when needing to winch even if you have rope you still need to use a tree saver. but really if you don't want to see the trails get any wider it would be good to keep the trees we have along the trail and to do that we need to try and keep them as health as possible.

This years construction activities have started so you will see equipment around the area please leave it alone for your safety as well as the equipments safety. Damages to equipment is repaired from the same funds that build the trails so more damage less trails.

The 4x4 area will be getting 3 new trails, 2 green trails and 1 yellow trail this year if all goes. A little over 1.5 miles. Please continue to respect the construction areas DNR should be starting the duffing process in the 4x4 area May 4. If you see flagging/ribbons/staking please leave it alone. We should be seeing some 60%-80% trail plans any day which I will share out for comments. I think DNR maybe still looking for a heavy equipment operator. You will see construction material being moved around this material can be unstable please stay clear of the construction rocks and gravel piles.

The motorcycle area has some exciting updates, DNR will be building around 3 miles of trail and has additional mile(s) if construction goes faster than expected. DNR is adding trails with more elevation changes with steeper climbs/descents. DNR is taking lessons from the 4x4 area and adding challenging loops off the main trail including some drops/climbs/big boulders as an optional path. DNR has also changed the materials being used as surfacing so I expect the new motorcycle trails to be much better and more challenging. Construction was started last week, the operator has starting on a trunk trail to the new area. The WCC crew has been performing maintenance on the existing trails.

Last update The E&E officer Angela(sp?) will be starting May 8, so Reiter will have its summer hours (could be off on the times) Fri 4-7 sat sun 9-7.

What gap? Last year the hours were longer on Fridays but usage was little to no one accessing reiter so the e&e extended Saturday Sunday hours and limited friday.

What gap? Last year the hours were longer on Fridays but usage was little to no one accessing reiter so the e&e extended Saturday Sunday hours and limited friday.

Yeah. Was saying the 4-7 gap on friday to be open seems odd to me. I understand the reasoning of little usage but why not save money and cancel Friday altogether?

it was a waste to have it open all day Friday and no one was showing up... if you want it changed come to the next monthly meeting. the E&E officer has limited funds so the less hours per week the more weeks she will be available.

Everyone Going out to Reiter this weekend and going forward: the new trail construction as started. There has been tree cutting in the area. Efforts have been made to check the downed trees for movement but it is still dangerous in the areas where the new trails are being constructed. Please stay out of the areas where construction activities are being performed. The E&E officer starting Friday and will be monitoring these areas. I know it is tempting to drive on the new trail(s) but please stay off until they are open. Please also leave construction equipment and supplies alone!

The official hours are 4-7 Friday 9-7 sat sun. during the week mon through Thursday there is a construction crew so DNR doesn't want to regulate users and work crews as some of the areas are traveled be both groups.

But what you have in mind? There is always work do be done logs to drag lag bolts to put in... and involvement has its privileges...

The official hours are 4-7 Friday 9-7 sat sun. during the week mon through Thursday there is a construction crew so DNR doesn't want to regulate users and work crews as some of the areas are traveled be both groups.

But what you have in mind? There is always work do be done logs to drag lag bolts to put in... and involvement has its privileges...

I was thinking of heading up on Weds. the 24th in the Scout with some out of town family members.

They have never seen "off-roading" or "rock-crawling...