• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter users pool: Do you have a discover pass?

Purchased a Discover pass?

• Yes, one discover pass

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Yes, two discover passes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 33.3%

• Total voters

japerry

With the state announcing that they aren't making enough money from the discover pass, it makes me wonder if its partially due to the lackluster access.
As they said themselves, if they close parks, it will only make the number of discover passes go down.

So specifically, for past Reiter users, how many of you have purchased a discover pass? How many have not?

I have (1) so far, bought it for the off chance I have an opertunity to make it up to Walker.

Got ORV tabs for the wheeler. But we've already had threads about that.

I have no intent or desire to buy another D-pass until I'm forced to for whatever reason. And am hopefull the Leg. will get off there asses and make it transferable the way it should be.

I have three. One on each Grand and one for the tow rig. I agree whole heartedly in more access for more passes. Old Reiter proves a world class ORV area can exist successfully without the government spending one dime on it. If DNR simply allowed ORV ise to happen and focused 100% of it's "enforcement" on the presence of a pass in the vehicle in question they could make an awfully large amount of money.

Three rules understood with the purchase of a Discover Pass. You never ORV in protected wilderness. You never cut down a tree. You never ORV within 100 yards of a private residence. Thats it.

I'd support that.

heh the crux of the idea is to find out how many people are not buying passes because they either a) don't know about it (unlikely on this board) or b) don't wheel legally anymore because there isn't an area the suits their needs.

One would wonder if you could get another couple thousand passes by relaxing enforcement on some 'grey areas' if people had discover passes? Sorta a chicken-and-egg issue.. don't wanna buy a pass if you can't use it, can't get a place built if you don't have the money.. ugh.

With the state announcing that they aren't making enough money from the discover pass, it makes me wonder if its partially due to the lackluster access.
As they said themselves, if they close parks, it will only make the number of discover passes go down.

So specifically, for past Reiter users, how many of you have purchased a discover pass? How many have not?

I think that if parks closes it wouldn't hurt pass sales, If you look at the stats that are around. Parks is falling behind of the nimbers that they said they could do, But I think that they have the ability to do so. So far the pass is only about $ 400,000 off pace per month

Do I have passes. yep 4 of them

If I was parked in the old Reiter parking lot with a pass on my tow rig, would I get a ticket?

we have bought 2. pisses us off as havent seen anyone ticketed yet. Everywhere we go there is the majority of users without them. Its just a technicality on the path to full woods closure. the gov's way of putting it on US for closures. its working. :awesomework:

I've got one I paid for and and almost enough hours fer a freebie. I leave the one I have in the tow rig, cuz I know tickets get written at Walker. If I want
to go wheelin and not get hassled I need a pass, so I bought one, simple as that.