• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter users pool: Do you have a discover pass?

Purchased a Discover pass?

• Yes, one discover pass

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Yes, two discover passes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 33.3%

• Total voters
Yes it is all four :redneck:

But, it comes with any license

Yeah, you are probably right :haha:
IMAG0502.jpg
[/QUOTE

That's just the holder. You got a piece of paper that's made of the same material as your license and tags, that's your vehicle access pass. It has two spots to write license numbers, the disco only has one.

It's not a discovery pass it's a "vehicle access pass" and it's not supposed to give anyone access to all DNR recreation lands. Seems to be a shade of gray where it's usefull but the law is clear that a "discovery pass" is required and it's also clear the pass sold with a hunting license isn't a discovery pass......Live it up while it works as it's my guess that when they catch on this will change.

Correcto Mr Binder!

WOW, what a great deal. A Bear license is less only $22, I'll just get one of those with the free discover pass instead of dropping $35 for the discover pass by itself. THANKS for the tip!

Yeah, you are probably right :haha:
IMAG0502.jpg
[/QUOTE

That's just the holder. You got a piece of paper that's made of the same material as your license and tags, that's your vehicle access pass. It has two spots to write license numbers, the disco only has one.

Hmmm, if it looks like a discover pass, and it says discover pass, and the ranger told me it was a discover pass, then maybe it's a discover pass....My goodness don't believe me, go buy one, I won't because I already paid for one along with every hunter out there, I not telling you to buy a license to get a discovery pass, I'm just telling anyone that hunts that they already have a discover pass.

Shall I take a picture of the front as well, it only has one spot to put a license number

Last edited:
Hmmm, if it looks like a discover pass, and it says discover pass, and the ranger told me it was a discover pass, then maybe it's a discover pass....My goodness don't believe me, go buy one, I won't because I already paid for one along with every hunter out there, I not telling you to buy a license to get a discovery pass, I'm just telling anyone that hunts that they already have a discover pass.

Shall I take a picture of the front as well, it only has one spot to put a license number

How much did your hunting license(s) that included the discover pass(es) cost?
Yes, please post a picture of the front.

Thanks!

Wow you're prety slow at this stuff.
Good luck!:awesomework:

Wow you're prety slow at this stuff.
Good luck!:awesomework:

Sorry, but I get my info first hand, not by waiting for web wheelers to tell me how they interpret the law, and the best way to get info is to ask those that enforce the law, it doesn't matter what websites tell you, or what some RCW tells you, because they don't enforce it, the people that enforce the law are the ones to ask, I have, and I have the proper pass for what I do. Just trying to help inform those that have the discover pass via their hunting license.

The discovery pass that comes with the hunting license has a spot to hold your wild id card with your vehicle license plate number on it. It is a discover pass.

Sorry, but I get my info first hand, not by waiting for web wheelers to tell me how they interpret the law, and the best way to get info is to ask those that enforce the law, it doesn't matter what websites tell you, or what some RCW tells you, because they don't enforce it, the people that enforce the law are the ones to ask, I have, and I have the proper pass for what I do. Just trying to help inform those that have the discover pass via their hunting license.

The discovery pass that comes with the hunting license has a spot to hold your wild id card with your vehicle license plate number on it. It is a discover pass.

You're a fool if you belive that. You get bad info from one park ranger and you think all rangers are going to see it the same way?..All that matters is what some RCW tells you as that's what will matter when you go to court to defend yourself. You do NOT have a discover pass if what you have came with a hunting lisence. You can believe what you want but it's not cool to spread misinformation to other hunters.

You're a fool if you belive that. You get bad info from one park ranger and you think all rangers are going to see it the same way?..All that matters is what some RCW tells you as that's what will matter when you go to court to defend yourself. You do NOT have a discover pass if what you have came with a hunting lisence. You can believe what you want but it's not cool to spread misinformation to other hunters.
I talked to one game warden, and three different USFS rangers in the Mt St Helens district, they looked at it and said, "yep, it's a discover pass, see it says it right there" and pointed to the discover pass that I have, you saw the picture, what's it look like to you? A big mac :eeek:

And yes lets see the front.

I don't have it with me, but will get a pic up as soon as I get a chance.

I talked to one game warden, and three different USFS rangers in the Mt St Helens district, they looked at it and said, "yep, it's a discover pass, see it says it right there" and pointed to the discover pass that I have, you saw the picture, what's it look like to you? A big mac :eeek:

From the back it looks like the holder to display a vehicle access pass. Says so right at the top of the holder.
A game warden is trained to recognize a vehicle access pass and a USFS ranger has nothing to do with a discovery pass. Sounds like you haven't asked anyone who matters yet.

My "holder" does NOT say Discover pass on it with the disco pass emblem,like Jaydogs. My holder is a WDFW holder,for probably a hunting license, but it was issued to me with my disco pass.

Perhaps Jaydog has a Disco pass HOLDER for his hunting permit hence the emblem. Basically what Rick is getting at.

Maybe I can kill **** with my WDFW dope ass holder/license:011::011::redneck:

My "holder" looks just like Jaydogs's. However my 'thermal printout' clearly states "discover pass" and states which lands it is valid on. Curious what Jaydog's says.

DSCN1662.sized.jpg

Jaydog did you read the link you posted?

Look at Jaydog's posts in the political thread. Obviously he doesn't read :fawkdancesmiley: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

I want to see his receipt. Thats what matters. The yellow holder doesn't mean **** without the slip inside it.

Yeah, Jaydog let's see your actual pass issued by DFW. The pass you get with a hunting license is only for DFW controlled lands, not all state lands (ie not a disco pass). Pretty convient that you only took a picture of the pass holder and not the actual pass. BTW, I have a lot of game wardens tell me things that are not legal. If you do have a disco pass, you paid for it in excess of your license and tag fees.

P.S. Jaydog is out buying a disco pass to post up now.

Last edited:
OK so this is not worth what it cost, but some things are good....

Disabled veterans and other State Parks pass holders: The Washington State Legislature has created pass programs or certain visitors to Washington state parks. These existing passes reduce or waive camping fees for qualified limited-income senior citizens, disabled veterans, foster parents and people with disabilities. These pass holders are not required to display the Discover Pass while visiting state parks but are required to display the Discover Pass while on WDFW or DNR lands.

Pass holders visiting state parks need to display their free- or reduced-price pass on the dashboard or fill out a self-registration envelope and include the pass number on the envelope.

Disability placards and license plates: The Department of Licensing issues these disability permits and license plates, and holders of these are exempt from needing the Discover Pass on State Parks lands, pursuant to RCW 79A.05.065. Holders of these permits and plates do need to have the Discover Pass to access WDFW or DNR lands. For information about DOL-issued disability permits, visit www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/parking.html

I would trade it not to be able to get it!!!:awesomework:

Last edited:
Im picking one up for elbe next weekend. Hopefully hit walker a couple of times with it too. I get it with all the money floating around but i think i would just fork the 35 over than whatever they are going to try to tag me with for not having one

DNR has been pretty lax on enforcement partly because when the merger between DNR and DFW took place the DNR employees lost the ability to write tickets. The DFW officers however are handing them out like Candy and have been in the ORV areas trolling.

Latest posts