• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter users pool: Do you have a discover pass?

Purchased a Discover pass?

• Yes, one discover pass

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Yes, two discover passes

Votes: 17 27.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 33.3%

• Total voters
DNR has been pretty lax on enforcement partly because when the merger between DNR and DFW took place the DNR employees lost the ability to write tickets. The DFW officers however are handing them out like Candy and have been in the ORV areas trolling.

Umm... that's not true at all.

DNR employees can still write tickets.

They have been lax on enforcement of this because they chose to EDUCATE before handing out pieces of paper. Come either 12/1 or 1/1 (I can't remember which) it's hammer down on the passes.

Last edited:
Yeah, Jaydog let's see your actual pass issued by DFW. The pass you get with a hunting license is only for DFW controlled lands, not all state lands (ie not a disco pass). Pretty convient that you only took a picture of the pass holder and not the actual pass. BTW, I have a lot of game wardens tell me things that are not legal. If you do have a disco pass, you paid for it in excess of your license and tag fees.

P.S. Jaydog is out buying a disco pass to post up now.

Don't need to buy one, I already have one, you all saw the picture of the discover pass, and I'm certainly happy none of you have the power to write tickets :haha:

Yeah, Jaydog let's see your actual pass issued by DFW. The pass you get with a hunting license is only for DFW controlled lands, not all state lands (ie not a disco pass). Pretty convient that you only took a picture of the pass holder and not the actual pass. BTW, I have a lot of game wardens tell me things that are not legal. If you do have a disco pass, you paid for it in excess of your license and tag fees.

P.S. Jaydog is out buying a disco pass to post up now.

I got one wiith my fishing license. It say's Discovery Pass right on it. If it isn't really a Discovery Pass, and I get ticketed for using it as one, it would kinda seem like entrapment.

Don't need to buy one, I already have one, you all saw the picture of the discover pass
When? All I saw was a picture of your little holder that you put your DISCOVERY PASS RECEIPT into.

I'm not saying you do or you do not, as I have not seen the receipt side of your pass. If the "hanger" was the "official" disco pass... well I have a copier and some card stock......

I got one wiith my fishing license. It say's Discovery Pass right on it. If it isn't really a Discovery Pass, and I get ticketed for using it as one, it would kinda seem like entrapment.

Do you think the yellow card holder is a disco pass? The disco pass comes on a heat printable paper like a hunting or fishing license. The one you get from a hunting license is only good on DFW controlled lands. What Jaydog showed is only the yellow pass holder, not the actual pass. He seems unable to turn the holder over and show what pass is on the other side or he's out buying a disco pass to put in it.

Here is the deal, I just got off the phone with WDFW Enforcement, there was some problems when it began, people that purchased a hunting license early got a discover pass with thier license, then they stopped and just gave the vehicle access pass, they said that they are still trying to clarify it and next year there won't be an access pass, the license will either come with a discover pass, or you will have to purchase one seperate from your hunting license, as for me, she said that as long as my access pass is in the discover holder I will not be ticketed so I do not need to purchase a discover pass at this time, but it expires Jan 31 or whenever my hunting license expires.

Do you think the yellow card holder is a disco pass? The disco pass comes on a heat printable paper like a hunting or fishing license. The one you get from a hunting license is only good on DFW controlled lands. What Jaydog showed is only the yellow pass holder, not the actual pass. He seems unable to turn the holder over and show what pass is on the other side or he's out buying a disco pass to put in it.

Hes worse than Obama's birth certificate.. JUST SHOW US THE REAL THING MAN!!! :fawkdancesmiley: :haha: :fawkdancesmiley:

I didn't feel the need to show the front as someone already has, mine looks exactly like that, but without the Discover logo on the vehicle access pass. Regardless, WDFW cleared it up for me, and there won't be any confusion next year.

Here is the deal, I just got off the phone with WDFW Enforcement, there was some problems when it began, people that purchased a hunting license early got a discover pass with thier license, then they stopped and just gave the vehicle access pass, they said that they are still trying to clarify it and next year there won't be an access pass, the license will either come with a discover pass, or you will have to purchase one seperate from your hunting license, as for me, she said that as long as my access pass is in the discover holder I will not be ticketed so I do not need to purchase a discover pass at this time, but it expires Jan 31 or whenever my hunting license expires.

Thanks a lot. I bought a hunting license on your advice, and it is useless. You owe me $25.:tool:

It might have been wise to read what others were posting about the DFW vehicle access pass. A fool and their money are soon parted.

Regardless, WDFW cleared it up for me, and there won't be any confusion next year.

Is WDFW going to pay the ticket that DNR will probably write you? :haha:
Only thing you have going for you is that most state workers are cluless ****s and don't know how their own system works.:rolleyes:

Still don't want to show your actual pass?:corn:

O.k., so I was just going off memory. I found my "disco pass", and sure enough it is just the holder for one, and the white paper reads "valid on WDWF lands only".:mad:

they said that they are still trying to clarify it and next year there won't be an access pass, the license will either come with a discover pass, or you will have to purchase one seperate from your hunting license,

Only if the law is changed by the Legislature.
WDFW cannot make that change by themselves.

I agree, DFW will quit issuing a pass (not a disco pass jaydog) with their license and we will be stuck forking out more money for a disco.

Latest posts