• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter WILL NOT open 20 June 2010!!!!

ive been hiking in illeagal places wearing camo gear:haha: Unless "wheeling" is gonna be an illeagal sport all together then dnr knows people are just gonna continue to wheel wherever and whenever if they dont provide places to wheel then its their fault not any of ours. im not gonna feel bad about making trails anywhere. Maybe if we wheel every where around reiter until reiter looks better than the newly disturbed areas they will reopen it, otherwise its never gonna be reopened. dont get your hopes up cause no matter what it wont reopen as it was. REITER IS OVER!!!!! but wild sky is HUGE!!!!:fawkdancesmiley:

I find this funny coming from somebody--who durring a work party was asked to wait-- acted like a 12 year old and just drove thru the woods.

Gee--I wonder why we lost it :rolleyes:

So whos planning to host the kegger at the end deer flats road? :stirpot:

Gotta think perspective here. There are lots of people within an hour of Reiter. I bet < 5% of those knew it was a wheeling spot. and I bet thats about the same percentage for HS kids who now are looking for a place to have fun this summer.

Charlie is right, w/o us up there its just going to become a trashed party spot. Like Northfork. :rolleyes: :booo:

So whos planning to host the kegger at the end deer flats road? :stirpot:

Gotta think perspective here. There are lots of people within an hour of Reiter. I bet < 5% of those knew it was a wheeling spot. and I bet thats about the same percentage for HS kids who now are looking for a place to have fun this summer.

Charlie is right, w/o us up there its just going to become a trashed party spot. Like Northfork. :rolleyes: :booo:

I plan on spending some time out there the first weekend after work....

We need to start this weekend. We need anyone with some time to run by and make it look uninviting to those that are going to cause problems

The major problems happen after 4 and before 8 from what I have seen

Who is ever is there they are in the area long enough to drink a half case

I find this funny coming from somebody--who durring a work party was asked to wait-- acted like a 12 year old and just drove thru the woods.

Gee--I wonder why we lost it :rolleyes:

i find it funny that everyone still asks themselves "why did we lose it?" and having a work party on a weekend closing a main road that leads to other trails isnt really a good idea, especially when you could have just let us through but chose not to so after waiting for an hour hell yes i went around. technically i was just going strait to BYS since there are no trail markers its what i thought was the entrance, but since its not an ORV park there are no signs. How does one really try to maintain and or police an already illegal activity? isnt that illegal in its self? reiter is not an ORV park, it WAS an over populated stomping ground for all us locals, that no one else really knew or cared about, until all the attention got it shut down, so dont point fingers!!!

You are blinded by your narrowmindness..

First off that work party was important as it was a huge impact with the DNR, tribal folks and Dept of fisheries. That issue alone made a huge imapact and probably saved the area for a longer time than we got it for before it was all shut down.

Its a shame folks were out there working "for you" and yet you sit and throw mud in there faces. No wonder we are loosing more land to play on.

Again do some reaseach and learn/read why we truely are where we are. I am not going to sit here and argu the fact except for the point I made a difference and was able to keep it open for a little while longer.

You are blinded by your narrowmindness..

First off that work party was important as it was a huge impact with the DNR, tribal folks and Dept of fisheries. That issue alone made a huge imapact and probably saved the area for a longer time than we got it for before it was all shut down.

Its a shame folks were out there working "for you" and yet you sit and throw mud in there faces. No wonder we are loosing more land to play on.

Again do some reaseach and learn/read why we truely are where we are. I am not going to sit here and argu the fact except for the point I made a difference and was able to keep it open for a little while longer.

im not trying to argue, i know why it got shut down, just dont point fingers. i cant even blame all the newby highschoolers up there just tearing crap up, cause thats where we all started back in the begining. they are having their fun...they will learn eventually. i dont blame anyone. Unless dennis anderson(grave digger) becomes state gov. its not gonna reopen.

imagine the first years of reiter.....if there was a forest watch up there back then there never would have been a reiter. the best thing to do is let it go

i would but im trying to convince everyone else to let it go so it will be forgoten and i can start wheelin there again like the old reiter haha:fawkdancesmiley:

Morgan I don't wanna argu with ya because thats just retarded.

But there are many of us who are working torwards a "new" reiter that will hopefully bring something fun and hard/challenging. We haven't walked away and are working hard on the prodject.

I dont mean to chime in here but a friend of mine who's been keeping track of all
of this is pretty sure nothing above a quad will ever be allowed back into reiter. Motorcycles first and some years later quads. What do you guys who've been involved in this think about this?

Tom

.....a friend of mine who's been keeping track of all of this.....

No. He has not. If he had, he'd know ALL user groups will be represented and allowed in the future park. Hikers, bikers, horseback riders, rock climbers, 4x4's, quads, side-by-sides, mountain bikers.

What is your question Tom?

And on June 20th, nothing happens that will benefit us. Deer Flats Rd will be un-gated at certain times during the day / during the week and folks will be allowed to access the upper area's. Unfortunately, this access is useless to ORV users who want to 4x4 or ride, as no trails will be open.

Reiter does NOT open June 20th.....a gravel road does.:looser:

Tell your friends.....:awesomework: