• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

reiter work party feb 13th

4xrick

going to be another work party on the 13th of feb at reiter.
mainly working on may creak crossing. if anyone has quads with trailers would be a huge help as well.
meeting in the lower lot at 9 am.
all restoration work, you can bring your rig if you want a few will be needed for winching and taking people up to the creak crossing.

I will not be there for this one but still putting it on.
david way will be there directing things as normal.
post up if you have any questions. i will answer all i can before i head out friday at 5 am.

i got something going that day rick but tell david if he needs me to run some equipment again i will be there :awesomework:

I'm in for a quad and trailer. What are we going to be hauling? I may need to fab a seat on the front rack to keep the nose down. :redneck:

kabota type tractors are always needed and thanks for posting it up on nw toys eric.

hauling wood chips with thte quad and trailer up to the upper side of may creek.

not crossing the river, david wants some people with quads to go up with the hiking crew and take loads to the other side. there is no way you are going to cross may creak in a quad on the 4x4 trail.

Hi All:

Actually, there is a need for high ground clearance pick-ups to haul wood chips at this work party, according to the e-mail I received today from the DNR.

Regards,

Alan

-------------------------------------------------
Why a quad? why not pick ups? or do they have to fit thru the eco blocks?

Hi All:

Here is the actual e-mail I received from David Way of the Wa. State DNR today.

Alan

---------------------------------------------------------

Reiter Foothills Forest

Restoration Work Party

9:30 to 3 p.m.

February 13

Meet at the large gravel parking area, off Reiter Road.

Join other volunteers and staff from the Washington State Department of Natural Resources to help repair environmental damage to May Creek in the Reiter Foothills Forest. We will work on two major unauthorized water crossings that threaten the stability of the stream bank and soils and also harm water quality. The restoration work is key to reopening Reiter to recreation.

Please bring rakes, shovels, gloves, water and lunch. We could also use pickups with high clearance and quads with trailers to help haul wood chips to the area to help stabilize stream banks.

So besides people and hand tools. Sounds like we need several small pickups to haul wood chips? and atvs with trailers?

People movers? or are we walking in? Besides May creek what else are we planing on working on?

Remember if you dont say what kind of rigs you need specificaly then people are going to show up in their DD and not have winches or ways to get to where we are working. Just my 2 cents.

So besides people and hand tools. Sounds like we need several small pickups to haul wood chips? and atvs with trailers?

People movers? or are we walking in? Besides May creek what else are we planing on working on?

Remember if you dont say what kind of rigs you need specificaly then people are going to show up in their DD and not have winches or ways to get to where we are working. Just my 2 cents.

Very valid point eric :awesomework:

But my DD HAS a winch 35's and f/r lockers and low gears :D

And a bed too. For all the wood chips :rolleyes:

High ground clearance for what type of obstacles?

Is the trail back there flooded as always? I ask because my Dakota has a winch (Never used) and a bed. It also seats 4.

So, I suppose more details are needed.

Let me know.

At this time the main work is planed for both sides of the May Creek Crossing on the Issy Trail, but if enough people and equipment shows up David will put them to work on other areas as well.

Quads with Trailers will work the West Side of the May Creek crossing, entering through the Goldbar Nature Trails grounds with foot traffic. Pickups will haul wood chips from the main pit back to the East Side of the May Creek Crossing and winches used in that area to haul logs into the restoration area.

Keep watch as David said he would be posting up more info this week when I talked to him about this yesterday during the Restoration Tour of Reiter.

The road back to the May Creek Crossing from the Main Pit has had some drainage work done on the large puddles in the road, but some water still exists in most of them. So Harold your truck would do fine there.

Last edited: