• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reiter: you want money? Get the businesses on our side.

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
The Sky Valley Recreation and Tourism Partnership is requesting $3.9 million dollars from the state legislature to help fund improvements to Reiter Foothills and open the trails for ORV use.

In order to gain support and understanding for the project, the Sky Valley Chamber and the City of Sultan are co-hosting a lobby day in Olympia on Tuesday, March 15. We will leave Sultan at 9:00am and return at 5:00pm.

The purpose of the trip is to meet a few minutes with key legislators on the house and senate committees who review and recommend capital projects for funding through the state. We will also try and spend a few minutes with our local delegation

I would like to go but I don't speak well when confronted, so my words are better in typeface and on paper. But I would, however, like to contribute. If I can help with a monetary donation to help offset the cost, and make it possible for someone to go, that can speak my mind better than I can?

We need business. If you want to help out, this is what we need If you are coming, get permission to represent a business.
Business owners to come down and support the request

Or
Letters from businesses that show support for the capital request
Ones that would be big are
Letters from TrailReady
Randys R&P
Olympic 4x4
Auto dealerships
4 Wheel parts

The list goes on but this would make a huge impact

Actually i think the business along the Hyw 2 corridor would be best to be heard from, the people who make money off of us.:awesomework:

Gas stations. subway, mom and pop stores auto parts stores etc.

as well as the big boys but most of the big boys already have a leg into legislation so they are aware of this. the masses who get supported by us is who needs to speak up.

get the word out.:D

Actually i think the business along the Hyw 2 corridor would be best to be heard from, the people who make money off of us.:awesomework:

Hip beat me to it. :awesomework:This is about Sky valley recreation so it would be nice if businesses from Sky valley were involved. Now given that if these businesses don't get involved don't go down there as the Sky valley group as it will demonstrate poor support. Better off to go as an individual.

as well as the big boys but most of the big boys already have a leg into legislation so they are aware of this. the masses who get supported by us is who needs to speak up.

get the word out.:D

This is what I said some time ago :D

Hip beat me to it. :awesomework:This is about Sky valley recreation so it would be nice if businesses from Sky valley were involved. Now given that if these businesses don't get involved don't go down there as the Sky valley group as it will demonstrate poor support. Better off to go as an individual.

The valley is handled and the support is there, Cities, towns and chambers are all in support from Snohomish to Skykomish, along with county and state agencies. Support needs come from the west Snohomish and north / east King county areas

"The question is whether there is going to even be a capital budget," he said. "If we do have one, the question will be priorities. My guess is we'd be looking at schools as a priority over these projects, and there are hundreds like this."

Optimism aside, this is reality.

So how did it go Chuck? Did you get a decent turnout? Any new legislators now supporting this request?

Was this request for money in the Capital Budget to be used to fund Reiter? Or was the news story correct that they are looking for money directly from NOVA to fund Reiter? I thought the only way to get NOVA money was to go through the RCO office and apply through the grant process. :scratchhead:

Was this request for money in the Capital Budget to be used to fund Reiter? Or was the news story correct that they are looking for money directly from NOVA to fund Reiter? I thought the only way to get NOVA money was to go through the RCO office and apply through the grant process. :scratchhead:

What news story?

So Charlie, I read the article AGAIN as you insisted tonight. From the news article linked above.....

"Washington State Legislature reallocated $9.56 million dollars of the NOVA funds to the State Parks operating budget in 2009," he wrote in a letter to members of Gold Bar Nature Trails, of which he is president. "At the end of the 2009-2011 biennium it is estimated that State Parks will return $7.6 million from their operating budget and another $11.2 million from their capital budget directly to the State

While funding for many things may be out of the question, Jackson hopes to get the state to at least put some money back that it owes to a fund called the NOVA Fund, meant to pay for things like Reiter Trails. "Washington State Legislature reallocated $9.56 million dollars of the NOVA funds to the State Parks operating budget in 2009," he wrote in a letter to members of Gold Bar Nature Trails, of which he is president. "At the end of the 2009-2011 biennium it is estimated that State Parks will return $7.6 million from their operating budget and another $11.2 million from their capital budget directly to the State

Yup, makes sense to me. I think if there is 4 million in the old NOVA funds (last bienium) to fund it, we should be going for it.

There is no talk of this request dipping into the UPCOMING NOVA funds as I see it. The thought that the NOVA funds would get 'stolen' from general ORV grants to fund one place (Reiter) is not true. In fact, if this passes, there would probably be another half million or so freed up in the next NOVA funds because they would get allocated from the previous ones.

I still don't see a definitive clarification!!! But.....we'll find out in 2-3 weeks, won't we.:;

I admit right here, right now that I have a case of the "Crash Optimism":mad:when I know I shouldn't.:booo:

Latest posts