• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

replacement carpet

Mrs. Crash

Administrator
Have any of you purchased replacement carpet for your rigs and had good luck? I'm tempted to do this (although mine did clean up ok) but I don't want to spend a ton of money to find out it's cheesy.

Ya, be careful what kit you buy. I've seen some nice plush padded ones that looked awesome, except they didn't...erm..... fit. Looked lumpy and misshapen once installed.

skrause said:
Ya, be careful what kit you buy. I've seen some nice plush padded ones that looked awesome, except they didn't...erm..... fit. Looked lumpy and misshapen once installed.

Thats my one fear--I have seen the ones that schmucks sells and they suck.... So I told her to ask here :;

Stay away from the cheapo ebay kits... they don't ever fit right (ask me how I know). That's all the input I really have.

Maybe ask around at some of the local upholstery shops and see what they say about either making or ordering a factory replacement molded kit that will fit good. At least then you have someone local to deal with if it doesn't fit right or looks all rumpled.

Or leave the carpet out and lay down some bedliner and put some nice floor mats in. :D