• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Reveal your age

33's were the common "big" tire and if you did the work yourself, you installed a BDS lift on your TJ or XJ over the weekend with some buddies. If your parents had money then it went to 4WP or Tarheel 4WD and rolled into school with a Teraflex or Rubicon Express kit a few days later. The really rich pricks all had 2door Tahoes lifted on 35's or bigger. They were the original Brodozers.

For those from the Charlotte, NC area: Tank Town, Old 521, Arrowood, Hebron and you made an occasional trip to Uwharrie for "hardcore" wheelin'. laughing1

I had so many knives taken away from me at school with no consequences other than they gave them back to my mom. She then chewed my ass. Also got in 16 fights before being expelled from school. Now it only takes one.

Never heard of a computer in high school. Took a Computer class in college. It used Fortran and Cobal languages and 80 column punch cards like we used to get from South Central Bell in our bills. I really hated when the milk man stopped delivering.

I can remember renting a vcr. And when we got our first microwave,,,, 39 now

I remember dad showing me how to run a weed eater. It didn't have an engine only a wood handle and metal blade.

ecoast said:
Where's my beeper?

Remember when people would page you when you were in the woods or out in BFE with thier number then -911? You'd have to rush somewhere, sometimes a store to bust a dollar, use the payphone to call them back, and all they had to say was some bullshit? Somebody broke up, you going to the party, bullshit. I'm damn glad we don't rely on those motherfuckers anymore.

I'm 36, so what most of the larger part of the group is saying the same **** I remember. I made my own lift kits out of rear springs and non sketchy perch drops and arching packs together on a railroad iron and a 16 lb sledge to run some old 33's I got cheap, then on to whatever old rotted tires I could trade for. Damn old 79 chevy.
As a kid, no TV til I was 13, 185 3 wheeler, CD's were some crazy future thing that didn't make it to my life until late high school.

Bicycles, my grandpa letting me drive his lawnmower till the wheels literally fell off. No power steering, roll bar, KC lights AM radio, and CB antennas :rolf:. I am only 31 but that was my first pickup, wish I still had it.

Me- "When I was your age we had no choice but to watch commercials"
Kid- No Way! All of them?

I remember watching hehaw on a black and white TV that only had 4 channels. 19,25,31,48 - we eventually got fox 54. And you used the clunky dial to switch channel. I was the remote. lol

I remember having a vcr then one of my friends parents bought the thing that rewound the tape on it's on. They were high brow.