• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ring and pinion brand?

leadfoot067

are any really better than others? this is for my front dana 60...i found usa standard gear for pretty cheap..thoughts? are factory dana gears better if i find a used set?

I've found that the genuine Dana gears typically run quieter--which doesn't really matter in the wheelin' world, as long as the pattern's good. I've installed a few USA Standard gearsets, and have had no complaints thus far...

Nitro just reboxes parts and sells them under their name. Dana is the best ring and pinion for Dana axles.

Regarding Both Nitro, and Yukon---You ONLY see reboxed parts if their gearmaker runs out of a ratio for a particular axle---D60/70/80 seems to be most commonly reboxed---and typically they'll have been reboxed using Genuine DANA gears---at a lower price than DANA can offer....:awesomework:
What's so wrong with that???:corn:

Regarding Both Nitro, and Yukon---You ONLY see reboxed parts if their gearmaker runs out of a ratio for a particular axle---D60/70/80 seems to be most commonly reboxed---and typically they'll have been reboxed using Genuine DANA gears---at a lower price than DANA can offer....:awesomework:
What's so wrong with that???:corn:

Yep, the ol yukon/nitro grab bag.

Dana spicer is nicer. Quieter means better. Noisy gears dont have the finnish grind/polish that quiet spicer gears have. Theres a reason they cost a hundy more. Some dana gears will come with setup hardware too.

I have been saving broken YUKONS as I replace them from folks axles.
Im gonna weld them together and make a metal art sculpture for the swap meet. Im gonna call it the "yukonster, the pinion eating monster".

Not to knock everone off their ladders, but the easiest, best, and lest noisy gears I have set up have been the Ford differentials I have done.

On the brand from anyone else, toyota.

Third would be Genuine Dana Spicer.

Running Ford numbers I have NAILED every FORD R&P I have done. Aftermarket gears or not.

If I were to run gears I would keep it as stock to manufacturer as possible. Second would be yukon (I have had great success with their stuff, they have helped me out in a bind or two, and their local.). Third Alloy USA.