• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rock crawling or rock racing comps?

rock crawling or racing

• Total voters

no excuses

if going to compete which would you rather do, technical cone dodging or side by side, rubbings racing through the rocks, woops, and waterfalls? Or just boobies and pizzia?

My car is set up for the slow stuff, so.....going "fast" is relative.

I love a grassroots crawl comp.:cool:

Rock racing is just more fun. The rigs have to be more built to hold up to the bigger power and the hits from the speed. You also have to have a rig set up to both go fast and be able to slow down to pick apart a hard line in the course. More fun for those watching and something I would love to do.:awesomework:

Sure Stan drag me into this :fawkdancesmiley:

I would rather do the high speed stuff. ........ requires more ability than the slow stuff..

Why do you feel it takes more ability to go fast than slow? IMHO while there is driver skill involved going fast is mostly about the rig. Rock crawling also requires a good rig but is more skill oriented.

Why do you feel it takes more ability to go fast than slow? IMHO while there is driver skill involved going fast is mostly about the rig. Rock crawling also requires a good rig but is more skill oriented.

Like any fast paced race there is a certain ability. Rock crawling does require ability but thats in steps from gate to gate in a MUCH slower fasion. In the high speed stuff its a constant boom boom boom of events where the driver is constantly on his toes. Plus with the slow stuff you have a spotter who tells you what you cannot see--the high speed stuff thats not an option.

well even though i went with a v6 im thinking speed as i build it... rock racing.

My rig is setup for racing and it can crawl as well. It does not crawl over obstacles as easily as a lot of other buggies I have encountered on the trails that are setup for strictly for crawlin. The other side of this is we live in the nw and there are a ton of trails with steep hills with fun stepups, and they get wet. This is when the racer shines!! My advise is if you can afford to put "go fast" parts on do it but start with a motor pushing some ponies.

My advise is if you can afford to put "go fast" parts on do it but start with a motor pushing some ponies.

I already have my buggy built, (4.3 v6, t350 and only had 2" of uptravel in front) and just competed in my first rock race last weekend, wow what a rush lol. I still have paint and rubber(and rocks lol) on the body panels from it. It was just so much more intense then cone dodgeing I was just courious what others thought also. I can not wait till the next comp (in Sept.) to go beat on it like it owes me $$$$ (after I repair it lol) again. It was also great that the girlfriend could ride with me, first time ever that she has while in a comp. She was just as jazzed as I screaming at me to go this or that way :cheer:. The crowd was a lot more into it then rock crawling it seemed to me also.

stan

Ah......a "vs." thread in typical NWW fashion.:rolleyes::haha:

Who will be the one to branch off and start the NWR(acers) forum, I wonder?