• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

rocker panel lining

zr2x350

Zr2OneTon2
I was wondering if any of you have lined your fender flares and rocker panel with rhino liner, herculiner, or line x yourselfs?? I want to do it myself, but I dont want to drop a ton of cash on something that I can get a just as good brand for a lot cheaper. I was wondering what yall have heard of that was good and cost worthy as well.

A buddy did his in Herculiner that you get at the parts store. Good stuff and held up real well.

BamaTJ said:
I used some spray on liner from the rattle can, you can get it at the parts store
I've used some of that stuff as undercoating on several things. It doesn't hold up at all. Even with a severely clean surface to start with. Save your dough on the spray can. I've used the gallan can of the stuff that you roll or brush out. It worked the ebst but required literally globbing it on, and it made one hell of a mess.

I used herculiner when I did my trucks rockers... make sure to put it on thick and dont get that **** on your hands, I had people asking me what the fawk was wrong with me cuz my hands were black :fish:

I heard that herculiner will fade pretty fast and look like hell. I would figure it would just turn a gray color so what the hell would it matter, mud is going to stain the **** to hell and back no matter what you get right?

mine faded on the yota but i just tagged over it with some spray cans... personally I wouldnt ever **** with that low budget bedliner... fawk that... and it got all over my hands looked like i been jackin black dudes awf ::) :eek:

I just dont know of any alternatives that would be better that I could do myself. I looked into getting the line x or rhino liner myself and thats a no go. I'll probably just end up letting one of those line x shops doing it for me. fawk it