• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwell Axles Question

ecsong187

hey guys i found a person on craigslist selling an old truck with rockwells on it. they said they would sell the axles for $700 so i'm planning on buying them, but what should i look at to make sure everyhitng is in working order, etc? the rig has no motor so it cant run.
thanks for the input
edwin song

on the front axle, some of them have a birfield type joint, and others has massive u-joints. from what ive heard you want the one with ujoints. there is a boot on the knuckle you can cut or move to see in the knuckle

1st- see if it is a top loader, 2nd- see if it is a 2.5 ton or 5 ton, 3rd - like what was said make sure it is a U-joint

Make sure you dont just take someones word about it having u-joint instead of birfields, actually open the zipper boot and look at it.

Make sure you dont just take someones word about it having u-joint instead of birfields, actually open the zipper boot and look at it.

Holy crap man that thing has changed post of some fricken pics your the only other fullsize guy that went the direction i am going!!!!! Represent that **** man:awesomework:

Definetly get the u joint style cvjoint style are complete POS

Rocks Rule

If they are top loader 2-1/2 ton Rockwells, $700.00 for one steer and one or two drive axles is a good price even if they have the burfield style joints. Its not that much to upgrade to a u-joint style.