• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rockwell hubs?

W

wontwork

Just wondring if anyone knows how much has to be machined off the outer hub to turn it around. Would like to know so I can drop it off at the machine shop and just give them a number so there is no quessing game.

Re: rockwells

If your talking about flippin the hub wider/ narrower stance, nothing has to be machine just knock the races out and swap inner outer.

InittowiniT said:
If your talking about flippin the hub wider/ narrower stance, nothing has to be machine just knock the races out and swap inner outer.

That is what i am talking about. The back of the lugs are hitting the axle housing.

InittowiniT said:
???? Don't know we flipped a set with no problems maybe post a pic?

I will try again, and if I can't get them to work I will post a pic.

Juan_Hong_Loe said:
On Deasons buggy we had to have about half of the lugs cut down on the back side and that was all. I think the races are the same inner and outer.

Races are the same. The inner breaing just has a bigger ID than the outer.

take the spindle studs out and replace with bolts , then grind the wheel stud heads to clear the bolts . no machine work needed just little grindage!!! thumb.gif

onebadjp said:
take the spindle studs out and replace with bolts , then grind the wheel stud heads to clear the bolts . no machine work needed just little grindage!!! thumb.gif

I was just gona cut the studs off flush with the nut.

Just always heard you needed to machine the hub to make it work.

flip the hubs. remove the studs and use 3/8 course thread bolts 1" long. your lug nut studs may need some grinding. other than that its just an easy job.

blacksheep10 said:
no hub work. are the nuts taller than a slim bolt head? I went bolts and some grinding on the lower half of the stud

I am thinking this is my route after looking at it some more in the daylight.

We machined the back side down.On the back there is about an 1/8 " indentions,cut so it is flush.You can use the origional studs on the spindles just cut them flush with the outside of the nut.Worked everytime.