• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rogue Fabrication Benders

I have one, I've been very happy with it so far. I also have their notcher, and really like it too.

Granted my tube work experience and skill level is still pretty low, so take my word with a grain of salt.

Have one too, haven't used it much *yet* but seems repeatable and good to go.

Same here. Just make sure you don't go below .120 wall with the 4.5" clr die. It'll wrinkle. Either stay .120 minimum or go with the 6" clr if you want to use thin stuff. I also upgraded to the roller follower right away. Saves you a few bucks if you let them keep the regular follower.

I have one and really like it. I'll have to look into the roller follower that Pholmann is talking about. The biggest con that I have found is that because of the 6.0 CLR and the distane between the middle of the die and the clamp you can not do two bends very close together. Also the size of the plates that hold the die and the ram are large, so even if you an get a bend fairly close to the other you can't be on a different plane because the tube will hit the plates.
Another con, and maybe it's just me, but changing dies is a real PITA unless you have another person there to help. The plates and die together are pretty heavy and akward when trying to hold them up and remove the pin at the same time.
I also have the notcher. I have zero complaints on the notcher. It's a very nice tool.
Overall, It's well worth the money. I am pretty new to fabrication it was pretty easy to put together and get going. Joe, the owner, is awesome with customer service as well. I dont' think you would regret making the purchase.

Thanks guys. And yes I should've done a search before starting this topic for the fourth time. But I did manage to get the exact info from wayne86 that I was after.

Forbanger said:
Thanks guys. And yes I should've done a search before starting this topic for the fourth time. But I did manage to get the exact info from wayne86 that I was after.

Good deal, I just remembered seeing a few topics on it. Glad you found what you needed thumb.gif

I've heard a lot of good things about them.

wayne86 said:
I have one and really like it. I'll have to look into the roller follower that Pholmann is talking about. The biggest con that I have found is that because of the 6.0 CLR and the distane between the middle of the die and the clamp you can not do two bends very close together. Also the size of the plates that hold the die and the ram are large, so even if you an get a bend fairly close to the other you can't be on a different plane because the tube will hit the plates.
Another con, and maybe it's just me, but changing dies is a real PITA unless you have another person there to help. The plates and die together are pretty heavy and akward when trying to hold them up and remove the pin at the same time.
I also have the notcher. I have zero complaints on the notcher. It's a very nice tool.
Overall, It's well worth the money. I am pretty new to fabrication it was pretty easy to put together and get going. Joe, the owner, is awesome with customer service as well. I dont' think you would regret making the purchase.

I have the same exact complaints. over all I am very happy with it though for the money. We have had it for just over two years and use the crap out of it.

I love my JMR with electric/hydraulic. I used an MTech before this one (JD Square really) but it could not handle the thick material.

There's no way I could get along with a bender pulling material through vertical like that. Trying to handle a long section with multiple bends would be a major pita IMO. No real way to see the die so you can line up your start of bend mark and I do not trust degree markers on benders with the pointer. I use other methods to find my correct degree after spring back.

That's just me tho so...

Skidkid said:
I love my JMR with electric/hydraulic. I used an MTech before this one (JD Square really) but it could not handle the thick material.

There's no way I could get along with a bender pulling material through vertical like that. Trying to handle a long section with multiple bends would be a major pita IMO. No real way to see the die so you can line up your start of bend mark and I do not trust degree markers on benders with the pointer. I use other methods to find my correct degree after spring back.

That's just me tho so...

The rogue has a clamp that bolts on the tube for your bend marks. Much much easier than the straps that jd and pro tools uses. Makes duplicating tubes a brease compared to other benders

Jduck said:
The rogue has a clamp that bolts on the tube for your bend marks. Much much easier than the straps that jd and pro tools uses. Makes duplicating tubes a brease compared to other benders

I'm talking about your start of bend in the die. It's never at the beginning edge of the die.

I can't remember exactly right now but it gets clamped on 5-6" in front of where you want the bend.

Re: Re: Rogue Fabrication Benders

Jduck said:
I can't remember exactly right now but it gets clamped on 5-6" in front of where you want the bend.
That shouldn't matter, on my JD2 I use the U-strap block as reference for my start of bend (bend offset), which is the same thing rouge is doing

I'm not sure y'all get what I'm saying. You bend out a 90* piece of tube out of the die set first. Before you bend it, you make a mark on the tube right at the leading edge of the die. Then bend the tube 90*. Once it's bent 90* pull it from the bender dies. Look at the area where your leading edge mark was made. Now start looking toward the inside radius of the very first area of the tube that actually starts to bend. It is always back set from the leading edge of the die roughly 1/8" or so. This is where you grind a notch in the die so you know where your actual start of bend is at.

May not sound like much but multiplie bends or compound bends this makes a huge difference. At least for me it does anyway.

It's 5" on my schedule 40 die. I also use the same die to bend 1 5/8" 120 Dom and made some spacers so I could do particular bends on 1 1/2" 250 and 1" schedule 40. I'm cheap!!!

Skidkid said:
I'm not sure y'all get what I'm saying. You bend out a 90* piece of tube out of the die set first. Before you bend it, you make a mark on the tube right at the leading edge of the die. Then bend the tube 90*. Once it's bent 90* pull it from the bender dies. Look at the area where your leading edge mark was made. Now start looking toward the inside radius of the very first area of the tube that actually starts to bend. It is always back set from the leading edge of the die roughly 1/8" or so. This is where you grind a notch in the die so you know where your actual start of bend is at.

May not sound like much but multiplie bends or compound bends this makes a huge difference. At least for me it does anyway.

Same on the rogue bender it seems :

Bend-Offset.jpg

more info :

https://www.roguefab.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Bend-Offset.jpg