• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

BALLISTIC FABRICATION (back to there old ways again)

WHO ELES HAS BALLISTIC FAB LET DOWN.

• CALL CUSTOMERS BACK

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • CLOSED? LOL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tricky

I have called Ballistic for 3 weeks in a row with no answer. left V-mails none returned & F/B message. On F/B they said someone would call me . Its has been 4 days ago.

It has been a few years since I ordered form them, but the one or two times I did I didn't have any issues.

I keep hearing bad things lately though.

I have had the same issue with some of the other Vendors/Shops/Builders on here whether it being: not answering calls, returning voicemails, not returning emails, or just generally not making any attempt at good customer service.

I will refrain from bashing anyone on open forum but here are some of my less then satisfactory experiences.

Ex 1) I call well known shop, get them on the phone, tell them I need so and so work done. Shop tells me "yeah man, make a detailed list and send plenty of pics". So I do via email, no response, send another email asking if they got it, no response.

Ex 2) Well known builder, same thing, Me: hey man I need so and so done to my truck. Builder responds : "I'm booked up until next year, Thanks"... I'm thinking "yeah I figured so considering it is middle of November". Guess they don't plan on doing any work in January.....

Ex 3) Most recent (this week as a matter of fact) I find a vendor who has ton of parts I need... call no answer, leave voicemail, wait a day or two...nothing, send a message via their website.. nothing, email both the email accounts they have listed on their site...nothing.....They lost out on a $800+ order..

I am I big advocate of the "Good Buyers/Sellers Thread" on this site

I would like to give props to Daves Offroad Supply, Blue Torch Fab, and East Cost Gear Supply for always taking care of me...

They will continue to get my $ when it comes to this sport, and the list of shops/vendors I will not use is getting longer and longer.

Tricky said:
I have called Ballistic for 3 weeks in a row with no answer. left V-mails none returned & F/B message. On F/B they said someone would call me . Its has been 4 days ago.

What is it that you are wanting to order? Maybe someone on here could help you with something similar? Just trying to help you out. thumb.gif

Ballistic Sucks. Period. I ordered about $65 worth of stuff from them and after 2 weeks tried to contact them with no luck. No return calls, e mails, nothing. Luckily I always use paypal so another week goes by and I filed a claim wanting a refund and what do you know... they respond almost immediately. The very next day. Their response was shipping info updated. Of course I already ordered from someone else and received the parts before theirs finally came in. Lesson learned for me. They'll never see another one of my dimes again.

Ive tried to give them business... but this time they've pissed me off.

Ordered a 3" forged joint for a build and its taken 3 weeks to complete the order.

First nobody answers the phone, no call backs, I resorted to FB message and finally got a reply.
Placed the order 13 Nov and no shipping confirmation, no email, call, nothing. Called today several times and nothing. sent a FB message asking for tracking number and low and behold when i pressed send UPS shows up.

If this build didnt have a bunch of ballistic crap on it i'd cut it all off and holler at BTF for replacements.

I thought lots of people went through this 5,6 years ago? I'm suprised there still in business?

Just makes you wonder why a business would suck so bad about shipping stuff out? Spend all that money on a shop and tools to make this stuff, and not give a **** about customer service, crazy!

zukimaster said:
Just makes you wonder why a business would suck so bad about shipping stuff out? Spend all that money on a shop and tools to make this stuff, and not give a **** about customer service, crazy!

this is what people dont get, we are not Ballistic's primary source of income. as we are treated as such. simple as that.

rajincajingt said:
this is what people dont get, we are not Ballistic's primary source of income. as we are treated as such. simple as that.
who or what I'd their primary income? Are the offroad parts just a side gig?

We live in a small town that's about 90 south east of where they're located in Tucson, AZ. I've ordered from them twice and didn't have a problem, but they're service isn't consistent. They don't have a very good reputation here in AZ.

Does nobody here use ruff stuff? Is it the $30 price difference sometimes?

I get wanting to save money but Dan, Ramsey, Lewis and that one chick have always treated me awesome regardless of how much I spend. I can't say enough great things about them.

TMR customs is another awesome one. Zero complaints. Dudes are always on point

Re:

I have never used ballistic based on their reputation and dont plan to anytime soon. I have ordered alot of parts from ruffstuff and have always gotten great customer service. Have also had good luck with TMR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Re: Re: BALLISTIC FABRICATION (back to there old ways again)

My issue was not trying to save a buck. Unfortunately the build I'm working on has all Ballistic joints and I haven't found anyone with 3" joints, or ones with 1.5 shank for that matter.
https://www.ballisticfabrication.com/mobile/home.asp#page-65

I've used RS, Barnes, and TMR with zero issues as well.

I was on the verge of cutting all the Ballistic joints out but new links, bungs, heims, and hardware woulda sucked worse than the hassle of getting the one joint needed.
27019520ec741846164b9449f3436a0b.jpg