• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rogue Fabrication Benders

Skidkid said:
I'm not sure y'all get what I'm saying. You bend out a 90* piece of tube out of the die set first. Before you bend it, you make a mark on the tube right at the leading edge of the die. Then bend the tube 90*. Once it's bent 90* pull it from the bender dies. Look at the area where your leading edge mark was made. Now start looking toward the inside radius of the very first area of the tube that actually starts to bend. It is always back set from the leading edge of the die roughly 1/8" or so. This is where you grind a notch in the die so you know where your actual start of bend is at.

May not sound like much but multiplie bends or compound bends this makes a huge difference. At least for me it does anyway.
As you can see in the pic, the rogue uses a full 360° die that is only pinned in the center. A notch wouldn't help since the die can spin. I know with the 4.5 clr die the bend always starts 5.25" back from the clamp. It's actually really easy to replicate bends.

Beerj said:
As you can see in the pic, the rogue uses a full 360° die that is only pinned in the center. A notch wouldn't help since the die can spin. I know with the 4.5 clr die the bend always starts 5.25" back from the clamp. It's actually really easy to replicate bends.

Yeah I see that above, did not know the die was 360. Even with the red mark at that area, the tube starts to be behind it some I bet. May not be an issue if all bends in one tube start the same direction. Could be an issue for alignment if bending a couple bend hoop but you start from center of tube to each end of tube.

Skidkid said:
Yeah I see that above, did not know the die was 360. Even with the red mark at that area, the tube starts to be behind it some I bet. May not be an issue if all bends in one tube start the same direction. Could be an issue for alignment if bending a couple bend hoop but you start from center of tube to each end of tube.
I'm not sure where the bend starts in relation to the red line shown but I know that wherever I set the clamp, the bend starts exactly 5.25" behind the side of the clamp facing away from the bender. Rogue fab has a few really nice videos on YouTube showing exactly how to use the bender for precise, repeatable bends.
Here's one.
https://youtu.be/zZPSPzAtWiI