• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

roll bar/ cage question

ronin-sj410

I would like to enter in this years Prison Break Competition at Monroe Adventure Park and the rules state..."All vehicles fitted with soft tops must have roll bars. 5 point bars must keep the windshield up in locked position". I understand the roll-bar portion but can someone clarify for me..."5 point bars must keep the windshield up in locked position". My vehicle is a soft-top 82 samurai, this is my first competition and I don't wanna lose out on my 60 bucks because I couldn't pass tech inspection. Thanks a lot and all help and suggestions are appreciated.

I think I heard that there was going to be a fall event.

My guess on the rules is they just want the windshield frame locked to the cage somehow.

Yes I believe it will be held mid September acording to the M.A.P. Facebook page. I was going by the tech rules from 2012.

Last edited:
"5 point bars must keep the windshield up in locked position"
Hmm I don't think that would work on my trucks windshield? I don't have a cage yet but when I get one that it is up to spec and fit within the rules of these events.

I'm still looking for someone that can design/build a cage for my beater after I fix my damn bearings.