• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rub recipies

Toddy

Getting into smoking stuff lately and looking for some rub recipies. Found one tonight and miked up a batch. It is called Meathead Memphis dust. Tastes really good. I added a few extra things I had.

Been watching you tube for ideas lately. Got 5 racks of baby backs going on tomm and gonna try a few different ways.

Really impressed with my masterbilt electric smoker. Set timp and carry my remote inside and watch temps. Prob upgrade later to something bigger. Really like the Yoder pellet smokers.

If you haven't tried it look up bacon bomb. Cooked one last week and it was very good.

Shelb is the meat master. You wanna know how to rub some meat he is the man! :****:

And yes. An electric smoker is the greatest cooking invention ever. Mines bluetooth so you check temp set times etc with your phone. **** is amazing

BUG-E J said:
Shelb is the meat master. You wanna know how to rub some meat he is the man! :****:

Yup, the man is always bragging about how he can get the BBC with just one click of the mouse....

These two queers sure don't mind eating the meat after I rub it :****: cough electric smokers are for woman cough. now back to the no homo **** what kind of rubs do you like. Carolina style Memphis style ect

www.howtobbqright.com

The BBQ Rub and The BBQ Sauce are both really good and very versatile.

If you are mixing your own rubs use fresh spices. It makes a world of difference. Use turbinado sugar so it is less prone to burn. Get a coffee grinder and make your final product as fine as you want, I prefer a coarse rub myself. My last BBQ rub had 17 different spices, it was very complex and worked well, but the guy who mixed it up into competition size batches split up from his boyfriend and they closed their shop. You can also get a ton of flavor out of certain spices if you roast them whole and grind them up. Go to the gayest part of town and buy your spices there, that's a good bet you are getting quality spices. If you want to avoid trying different rib recipes I will give you one that is pretty dang hard to beat! You can get a lot of different flavors by changing the smoke. Cherry is my go to right now. :dblthumb:

money_pit_yj said:
www.howtobbqright.com

The BBQ Rub and The BBQ Sauce are both really good and very versatile.

If you are mixing your own rubs use fresh spices. It makes a world of difference. Use turbinado sugar so it is less prone to burn. Get a coffee grinder and make your final product as fine as you want, I prefer a coarse rub myself. My last BBQ rub had 17 different spices, it was very complex and worked well, but the guy who mixed it up into competition size batches split up from his boyfriend and they closed their shop. You can also get a ton of flavor out of certain spices if you roast them whole and grind them up. Go to the gayest part of town and buy your spices there, that's a good bet you are getting quality spices. If you want to avoid trying different rib recipes I will give you one that is pretty dang hard to beat! You can get a lot of different flavors by changing the smoke. Cherry is my go to right now. :dblthumb:
Hell you know shelbs too? He used to do competitions and I'm pretty sure had a boyfriend at some point?

You can vary it to your taste, but I usually make a simple batch based on the following

1 part Paprika
1 part Cumin
1 part Garlic Powder
1 part Onion Powder
1 part Cayenne Pepper
1 part Black Pepper
1 part Salt
1 part Light Brown Sugar

Common changes would be less Cayenne, less Cumin, more Brown Sugar, Turbinado Sugar in place of Brown Sugar, and substituting Garlic Powder or Onion Power for their salt based variants.

Malcom is who I watch a bunch on you tube. Mixed up his rub last night and cooking his way today.

I like Memphis and Carolina style both. Love Carolina sauce. Willing to try anything.

Electric smokers :rolf: laughing1

I know this is about making your own rubs, but I love the Dizzy Pig rubs. Haven't tried a bad one yet. My main go to is Dizzy Dust and Cow Lick Steak Rub.