• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Rubicon axles

H3RESQ

What's a good price on rubicon axles. I saw a set for 2800 or best offer. They had a couple upgrades on the shafts. They were out of an 05 with 12,000 miles. Came with factory air lines and switches.
Is this a good deal. It's the first set i've seen so I have no comparison.

dont know if i'd call it a good deal... maybe if you were building a rig that ran 33"s. for the tires you run, its likely you'll end up upgrading shafts. as i recall they are not as beefy as what people call "a true D44" then you still have to re-gear :corn:

If you are going to use them as is, than it's a good deal.

If you bought the housings from the dealership ($375 for the front and $2someting for the rear bare housings), did the gears youself with ARB's it would cost you about the same.

Didn't say it was for my rig. They would be to narrow anyway. I'm about 3 inches wider than tj/xj stock. This would be for something else. (they have upgraded shafts already)
I'm looking around for a clean comanche right now. Want a dd on 33ish tires. Thought these might be good to throw under it.

2pwrlftrs4u said:
as i recall they are not as beefy as what people call "a true D44" then you still have to re-gear :corn:

ya.....you'd pretty much be paying for a dana 30 wiith a 44 center. The axle tubes and outers are all taken from the 30 with d44 center section and inner shafts. i dont know first hand but thats what ive heard/read

JEEParon said:
ya.....you'd pretty much be paying for a dana 30 wiith a 44 center. The axle tubes and outers are all taken from the 30 with d44 center section and inner shafts. i dont know first hand but thats what ive heard/read

WERD, plus the centers are unique. Bishop has had real good luck with his(superior chromos front and back wioth ctm's). He runs 36 iroks or 35 krawlers, depending on conditions.