• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

running propane

Hellbilly

Any one running propane in there suzuki?

What do you think of it how was the install ect ect

Last edited:
Are you going with a gotpropane set up or some thing else?

A Friend mentioned building my own using a fork lift propane set up!

I saw the oil out of a mid 70s ford the motor had about 100,000 miles on it that was running propane and the oil on the dip stick looked like it was dipped it a new qt. of oil.

Hellbilly said:
Are you going with a gotpropane set up or some thing else?

A Friend mentioned building my own using a fork lift propane set up!

I saw the oil out of a mid 70s ford the motor had about 100,000 miles on it that was running propane and the oil on the dip stick looked like it was dipped it a new qt. of oil.

You can certainly piece together a system. PropaneGuy also sells parts for just about any propane swap.

I went with gotpropane because the "kit" was gauranteed to contain 100% of the parts I'd need. That way I don't have to worry about missing parts when I go to put it together :cool: When the box showed up 2 days after I had ordered it, I was beyond pleased with it! Everything was in excellent condition with all upgrade seals and gaskets.

It personally wasn't worth the hassle to piece together my own system.

:cool:

Hellbilly said:

Thats cause pane doesnt leave deposits. You still need to change the oil as its propertys wear out.

Hellbilly said:
Any one running propane in there suzuki?

What do you think of it how was the install ect ect

I'm running propane in my SS 2 wheeler, it even has a parking brake :cool:

Last edited:
Thats cause pane doesnt leave deposits. You still need to change the oil as its propertys wear out.

Right I was just amazed at how clean it was I would like to see a propane motor tore down just to compare to a gas motor!

I will probable go with the gotpropane also for the same reasons Its nice to know everything you need is in the kit!

nuzzy did you buy propane bottles from gotpropane or are you going to buy locally? Are you going with steel or aluminum bottles?

And Jobless briquet's are the only way to go! Check this bad boy out!

Weber The Ranch Charcoal Kettle How Much Can It Cook - Enough for a family reunion. Cooking Area - 1,104 sq. in. External dimensions - 42″ H x 37.75″ W x 44.75″...

Last edited:
I'm ordering my kit through gotpropane this friday or saturday for my ford. The guy i talked to sounded like he really knew exactly what he was talking about and that rest assured it would be the a complete piece together sytem no missing links. I am so pumped:cheer: :masturbanana[1]:

got propane is way over priced. propaneguy is way more reasonable and will work with modded engines
my
$.02

got propane is way over priced. propaneguy is way more reasonable and will work with modded engines
my
$.02

Ok thanks? But would you saying my 80 hp motor is modded?

I will look in to the propaneguy to compare prices!

nuzzy I saw the weight of the aluminum bottles on your build thread! Is that empty?

nuzzy I saw the weight of the aluminum bottles on your build thread! Is that empty?

Quote I got from propanguy with all the upgrades to make the kit somewhat comparable to what I'd receive with gotpropane came out to be about $60 less when all was said and done. ($550 + $100 for new reg + $30 for new lockoff + about $60 for hose = $740) Gotpropane sold me his kit for $800 cause I didn't have him include tank mounts. Plus, gotpropane garantees his kit to include every single little part and fitting you might need. I have no doubt propaneguy has some quality hook ups, especially on modded powerplants. But for me it wasn't worth the hassle :cool:

Not sure exactly how the weight is rated but I think it's propane it'll hold... Just like a standard BBQ tank is a 20 lb. The tanks I got are called 33.5 lb tanks (roughly 7.5 gallons)

Roccrawler knows his **** though cause he's been using propane for a while now :cool:

Just get you're self an Impco CA100 carb, a model J reg., and use the filter lock from them. U can get all that on the bay of E for cheep, and it works GREAT! Easy to tune and install. I use hydraulic line for the high pressure line, and 2 10gal. Hyster tanks. That set up will run anything from a Sammy 1.3L (or what ever size they are:D )to my 300 I6 Ford.

Last edited:

propane weighs about 4.5lbs per gallon if I remember right about half what gas weighs

Last edited:
What do those two steel cylinders weigh, along with mounts, compared to a fuel cell?

Steel ones are kinda heavy. I prefer to use the aluminum. I would say 2 alum tanks were real close to the same weight as my 16gallon aluminum fuel cell.

be careful buying used aluminum tanks off ebay. I would ask for exact pictures of the tanks you are bidding on before you buy... Like I said, the slightly lower weight of the Aluminum tanks weren't worth it.

Here are some pics of the tanks I got from toolstore on ebay. These were far from "excellent condition" or "like new" so I promptly returned them. The seller did finally come through and refunded my $$$$

april2007046fu7.jpg

april2007047gn1.jpg

april2007048yw9.jpg

april2007049oy6.jpg