• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

running propane

Propane is so easy it's silly. I fisrt help a friend on his Toyota. We had to meke a simple adapter and put it all on and it fired right uo. Has neve been tuned and just goes and goes.

I wanted a bit more fancy system.....it;s a ripp off of a techno carbbody, with a Dutch made mixer. I just wanted it to flow 750cfm, I bolted it all up and wroom,,,,,,works great

The only problem is when troy was dialing his in, he would get up in the rpm's and it would cough and sputter.......after a little thinking, we figures it was the MSD signal was causing it shut of to,,,,shut off

I little black tape and it;s all done

Don't do it.... I just went through returning two propane tanks to thetoolstore... The tanks were beat to hell. I just ordered two brand new steel tanks for slightly more....

Meh, to each there own. I got 3 tanks from him and just bought a fourth. Most of mine look very similar to the ones you sent back and I'm happy with them. It's aluminum... Yeah they don't hold up real well to sliding in and out of clamps and bolts and **** without scratching. But they hold propane and are light and cheap. That's all I need out of them. But my whole rig will be function over form. :beer:

Meh, to each there own. I got 3 tanks from him and just bought a fourth. Most of mine look very similar to the ones you sent back and I'm happy with them. It's aluminum... Yeah they don't hold up real well to sliding in and out of clamps and bolts and **** without scratching. But they hold propane and are light and cheap. That's all I need out of them. But my whole rig will be function over form. :beer:

My issue with it was advertising something as excellent or like new condition. If I would have read "beat to hell" tanks for sale, I would have had a better idea of what I was getting into...

i beg of u guys that are doing propane installs, take tons of pics, very interested!:cheer:

At the very least, we'll meet up whenever mine gets done and can go over every detail. It's a super easy straight forward install since my kit was rediculously complete and was preassembled to show where everything needed to go. :cool:

x2 on the pictures. WOuld make a great installment in the Tech section, getting tired of seeing Crash's AirFilter tech. :fawkdancesmiley:

Quote I got from propanguy with all the upgrades to make the kit somewhat comparable to what I'd receive with gotpropane came out to be about $60 less when all was said and done. ($550 + $100 for new reg + $30 for new lockoff + about $60 for hose = $740) Gotpropane sold me his kit for $800 cause I didn't have him include tank mounts. Plus, gotpropane garantees his kit to include every single little part and fitting you might need. I have no doubt propaneguy has some quality hook ups, especially on modded powerplants. But for me it wasn't worth the hassle :cool:

What motor do you have Eric? I was just looking through GotPropane's site and the V8 kit's are $1,200. Ouch... :booo:

Im kicking myself for buying a 04 4.0L ranger i should of got a older 3.0L and spend lik 14grand less and saved a ton on gas. and been able to convert it:(:mad:

What motor do you have Eric? I was just looking through GotPropane's site and the V8 kit's are $1,200. Ouch... :booo:

258 I6. Spent $800 with GotPropane and it was worth every penny to me. There's no thinking involved cause every little thing is included down to the hoses and hose clamps.

i beg of u guys that are doing propane installs, take tons of pics, very interested!:cheer:

I would take pic's but mine is not the easy install. I run a super charger and needed a little more complex setup. I run 2 mixers 1 mixers for normal acceleration and 1 for when the boost kicks in. I also run a 900cfm billet throttle body on the blower.

The basic V8 kit runs about 400 bucks and its butt simple to set up from propane guy

TJ's weren't scratched, they were beaten red headed stepchild style. :redneck: Fawkers weren't even round.

I bought 6 from there and 2 were never even used.. the rest werent perfect but with a good coating of earth wax they look great :cool:

i dont think so... but dont paint them when they are full of propane... just to be safe.... not sure if it would do anything but i wouldnt want to find out

I decided to go with got propane! Just for the fact that the kit is made for the suzuki and ever thing I need will be in it. And after talking to the guy he made it sound pretty easy to install and tune and he stands behind his product 100%.

As for the bottles go, I'm not sure if I'm going to buy new or used. I'm looking in to new bottles for the best price and will decide from there. I do know I will be buying aluminum tanks. Unfortunately I only have room for one tank in the rig but thats still better than the 5 gallon fuel cell I have now.

I went with the Got Propane kit for my 1600 Samurai. I kept the 1300 intake, exhaust and distributer. The kit comes with most of the part you need. I made a couple of brackets out of scrap steel to mount the throttle cable. Everything else was included in the kit.

I went with the Got Propane kit for my 1600 Samurai. I kept the 1300 intake, exhaust and distributer. The kit comes with most of the part you need. I made a couple of brackets out of scrap steel to mount the throttle cable. Everything else was included in the kit.

Do you have any pics of the throttle cable bracket you made?

I'm sure I can figure it out but it would be nice to see how you did yours!

I will eventually be putting this kit on my samurai with a 1600 with the 1300 intake,exhaust and distributer but for now its going on a zukbuggy with a 1300. When I sell it I willl be removing it.

Latest posts