• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sadie Creek closed

Never heard of it........What and where is Sadie Creek? Was there anything good there?

Dont worry about it . It's another Tahuya, no fun, go home, dont waste your gas. You would probably fall asleep anyways :flipoff:

Actually its a tight, fun trail system up by Joyce, just past Port Angeles.

Nothing like a good old kick to the nuts for those who have worked there butts off on that trail :rolleyes:

from what I have heard the tree's on the trail wont be touched. Plus when I was up there last month all the tree's on the trail are marked with ribbons. The tree's will be missed thought because they proved some nice shade and kept the trail wet.

We've heard this before....

from what I have heard the tree's on the trail wont be touched. Plus when I was up there last month all the tree's on the trail are marked with ribbons. The tree's will be missed thought because they proved some nice shade and kept the trail wet.

That was said about woodpecker drive (over east) too.... That trail WAS a fun relaxing cruise to cool off. Now it is a big dust bowl and clear cut!!!!!!

The timber sale contract at Sadie Creek has rules in it to protect the trail (leave trees, don't skid logs along or across the trail).

The timber sale contract at Sadie Creek has rules in it to protect the trail (leave trees, don't skid logs along or across the trail).

Rules huh...

Who's going to actively enforce them?

What are the penalties for breaking the rules?

Many times the penalties for breaking the rules are insignificant enough in comparison to revenue lost for obiding by them that the Timber companies just throw the "rule book" out the window and pay the penalty.

It all comes down to what's best for their business.

hopefully someone knows how to read...

Been there heard that before, nothing new... What is the fine (money) for not following the printed contract?? After the fact, you will hear that the loggers did not see the printed contract before cutting or the trees were marked improperly. I don't want to be mister negative but what is the ratio of trail system that have been logged and not screwed up. Example - The naches trail was supposed to have a 100 foot buffer (or that what was said) before they cut and that is a very popular trail and back in the day was prety hard too.

You know guys, it's being managed the same way it was in Tahuya and that worked out just fine. I wouldn't automatically expect anything different.

In fact, that was the FIRST time that I know of that our own land manager, the DNR, AND the logging company met to work out how to do the cut without harming the 4WD system. Or, possibly, make some minor improvements.

You know guys, it's being managed the same way it was in Tahuya and that worked out just fine. I wouldn't automatically expect anything different.

In fact, that was the FIRST time that I know of that our own land manager, the DNR, AND the logging company met to work out how to do the cut without harming the 4WD system. Or, possibly, make some minor improvements.

From what I saw its clearly marked. I'm sure part of trail will be affected but it might also open up some area's for new trails. Maybe if we are lucky we will be able to make a trail down to the water. My crew and I drove all over that sunday trying to get to the water, but ran into nothing but dead ends and tad-pole saturated mud holes. :redneck:

Your crew got a work out on that weekend. I dont think they would want anymore improvements to the trail system. I think most of them were just happy to get out. :flipoff: :haha:

Yeah well, at least they don't hold a record for rolling in Tahuya. :fawkdancesmiley:

Dont worry about it . It's another Tahuya, no fun, go home, dont waste your gas. You would probably fall asleep anyways .

What I've been told also, from peeps who have been there. Thats why I have never wasted my time.. sounds like no big loss :cool: