• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Safeway selling B20 Soy Power Blend @ $3.20

Barnyard

Do any of you Diesel experts know if the B20 blend is any good? The Safeway at 224 & Meridian had it for $3.20 a gallon today.

I believe it is Ultra Low Sulfer mixed with 20% Soy Power biodiesel.

Their website claims it is the greatest thing ever. Just wondering if anyone has any real world experience with it. Any Fleet guys out there??

http://regfuel.com/benefits.html

Safeways have been selling B20 for months.

If you plan on running it in an older rig prepare to change your fuel filter 2 - 3 times before it cleans out the inside of your tank.

It also likes to gel in cold weather causing other issues.

If you talk to the guys at DDP they will also tell you that it is detrimental to the injectors as well.

Good info Jobless. Thanks. I also noticed a sticker on the pump which advised Duramax drivers to consult their owner's manual before using B20.

You'll notice the power decrease. I normally ran around town on level 3 on my edge with regular ulsd. With B20, I pushed it up to level 4 to get the same amount of power.

Safeways have been selling B20 for months.

If you plan on running it in an older rig prepare to change your fuel filter 2 - 3 times before it cleans out the inside of your tank.

It also likes to gel in cold weather causing other issues.

If you talk to the guys at DDP they will also tell you that it is detrimental to the injectors as well.

As far as i know there isn't a standard out for the processing...:puke:

Safeway is planning to take their B20 down a couple of notchs. Soon it will be B5. They have experienced a number of problems and are baffled by them. Seems most of the problems have been with Duramax's.

Product of no standard...:booo:

huh?
at 25k+psi liquids do funny things. have you ever heard of a watter jet?
the hydrocarbon chain in some types of bio becomes " plastic" and stringy at those presures.
no, they have not standardised the way bio is made. theres soy, canola, etc difrent bases result in diferent product, diferent energy content etc.
most suseptable to problems are d-max, 3rd gen dodge, and the new fords. guys with oldscool low presure injection dont have as many worrys.

huh?
at 25k+psi liquids do funny things. have you ever heard of a watter jet?
the hydrocarbon chain in some types of bio becomes " plastic" and stringy at those presures.
no, they have not standardised the way bio is made. theres soy, canola, etc difrent bases result in diferent product, diferent energy content etc.
most suseptable to problems are d-max, 3rd gen dodge, and the new fords. guys with oldscool low presure injection dont have as many worrys.

yeah, i understand what happens at high pressures, but liquids are technically uncompressable... and that's a substantial change from a liquid to a "plastic" state... I don't think the high pressure injection is the main culprit here...

Latest posts