• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Salvage 10

20230810_205835.jpg

Ready to start the tear down for welding it out, but between getting some puppies and a shitty bachelor party last weekend at blue hollar. Not much has got done. Meet John and Suzie, solid white is John

Worked on engine skid today came to stopping point, when I realized I had used my 3/16" plate I had set aside for this part.
I do not remember where i used!!!
Any how, unless i find something else ive forgot about, get skid done and she is ready tear apart. Actually drained the engine oil out of it today, that's got me a little worried.
20230827_162104.jpg

Worked on engine skid today came to stopping point, when I realized I had used my 3/16" plate I had set aside for this part.
I do not remember where i used!!!
Any how, unless i find something else ive forgot about, get skid done and she is ready tear apart. Actually drained the engine oil out of it today, that's got me a little worried.
View attachment 214689
Progress is looking good. What's got you worried on the engine oil?

Don't know how long it was ran with dip stick broke off. And all the fine metal, it was remand at some point, so not sure on quality of parts used.
20230827_123046.jpg

Stock truck oil pan is not going to work, I feared it wouldn't.
Couldn't get a skid plate built that would protect the pan, and still allow for drive shaft clearance. Back to the drawing board and or wallet.

Stock truck oil pan is not going to work, I feared it wouldn't.
Couldn't get a skid plate built that would protect the pan, and still allow for drive shaft clearance. Back to the drawing board and or wallet.
i found one on ebay for 139 low profile that worked for me i think model number is 302-1 LS swap retro fit oil pan

I ended up ordering the kevco pan, ill figure out what I'm going to use for accumulator later.

Ended up ordering the kevco pan with billet filter adapter. Was exactly what I needed, other than plating the bottom skid is done.

While i had pan off i was able to rotate engine around, cams trashed couple lobes look like roller on lifter had been sticking, and 1 lobe looks like lifter might have spun in the tray or was starting to.
20230910_161751.jpg

Ended up ordering the kevco pan with billet filter adapter. Was exactly what I needed, other than plating the bottom skid is done.

While i had pan off i was able to rotate engine around, cams trashed couple lobes look like roller on lifter had been sticking, and 1 lobe looks like lifter might have spun in the tray or was starting to.
View attachment 214750
Reckon being worried about the engine was justified. :(

I always replace the lifter trays and the cam plate. Very common failure point on LS engines.

I always replace the lifter trays and the cam plate. Very common failure point on LS engines.
I'm going now, when I bought the suburban it came out of, it drove on the trailer. The coolers where all busted couldn't run it for very long.
I'm going to get it on a stand and pull it all apart, might have block cleaned.