• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Salvage 10

yeah dont part it out bud. if anything take a break. you got alot of really good going on. actually one of my favorite builds ")

I took 7 years to build my buggy. Glad I finished it. While i wish I had gotten it done sooner, I have had a blast with it since I finished it. Keep powering on. You will be glad you did.

Went to salvage yard today to look for fans, only thing I was able to find was off a Fusion. ???
Couldn't pass up a dana 60 out of an 09 super duty for $400

Decided to work my way towards getting hydraulic steering situated, mounted my orbital with mount tied to cage.
Had to cut off and remake steering column brackets, I missed my mark the first time and was a 1 1/2 from being where I liked it. ( I should be used to a not centered wheel from driving GM trucks)
Still not Decided on tensioner for the tilt.
My thoughts have me going towards building my own hydraulic reservoir, id like to have enough capacity for what might come later down the road.
20230716_154521.jpg
20230716_154542.jpg

Next non S10 related project at the moment, but will when done
Grinder on the right is close to15 years old and had 3 sets of brushes replaced and 1 cord, it's been weld fixer over the years.
Grinder on the left I got through a safety program the quarry I worked at, at the time. Finally blew a bearing out working on sons toyota last winter, spent its life running a cut off wheel.

20230721_182859.jpg

Next non S10 related project at the moment, but will when done
Grinder on the right is close to15 years old and had 3 sets of brushes replaced and 1 cord, it's been weld fixer over the years.
Grinder on the left I got through a safety program the quarry I worked at, at the time. Finally blew a bearing out working on sons toyota last winter, spent its life running a cut off wheel.

View attachment 214568
Both are fixed and ready to fix my screw ups.
Took maybe 15 minutes to do both

Built steering reservoir today, figured I pushed my luck not waiting on fitting caps to get hereso im going to wait for them to get here before I finish weld it.
- 12 JIC suction is at the bottom center, and will be routed around front of engine to pump on drivers side.
2 -8 JIC returns are in the back, and 1 -6 JIC
Pressure relief valve return will flow through a cooler mounted up front to a -8
Steering valve return and hydroboost returns will hose will go over the back engine to -8 and -6.
Still trying to decide if i want to add a flow diverter on pressure line to steering and booster.
20230723_153957.jpg
20230723_160819.jpg

Pretty much got everything thing situated for steering, well I feel like I do any how. Pass through cooler up front, filter housing, and pressure relief valve mounted.
Im leaning for pulling it apart and weld it out soon, and buying parts.
20230729_155301.jpg

What do you see, was not done on purpose back of cab was sanded before cage was built, just noticed it today
20230802_174640.jpg

Is this the new cocaine rabbit red eye edition s10? Got that hellhare 6.0 in it thumb.gif