• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sami or Yota T-Case

MUDDR31

do you think the samis will hold up to getting the $H!T beat out of it or would it be easier to put the yota case in it both would have a reduction kit in in and would trasfer to yota axles im just wonderin if its strong enough im even worried about the yota axles in my sami:eeek:

You runnin Sami motor/trans????My 6:! case has held up well...I'm not so much worried about the yota axles....especially with Longs...The rears are very strong on stock form. The fronts in stock form should hold up just fine with 35's,maaaybe 36's since a Sami is so light, but anything can happen...
FYI, mine weighed at 3,265Lbs @ TrailJam this yr, with all the cagework, yota axles,tools, spare parts, spare tire, full of fuel,& me sitting in it, including probably 10lbs of Naches dust:redneck:....

Last edited:
I seen your sami headed down the freeway a week ago or somehting and i must say it was sweet looking what size tires were you running and do you have stock axles or bobbys?

Sami's runnin' 35's on stock yota birfs for now--til I break one, then I will be puttin in my cryo'd birfs....and thanks for the compliment!:D

im runnin a 4.3L th400 and toyota t case with toyota axles (longs of course) on 39.5 tires it will hold together just fine

lonfield axles are just as strong as a stock dana 60 front axle

there is no way in hell that your 1.3L will ever hurt um

Just make sure you aren't using stock T-Case mounts. And if your using the RR "bulletproof" ones make sure you have large washers on it. And add extra bracing to the long side of the passenger T-Case mount.

Once that is done it should hold up just fine. Don't forget that the Suzuki T-Case gives you a high range reduction as well. :D

Yeah, I've got the TT cradle, along with their mounts...and yes, you get hi range reduction with the Sami gears.:D And, yes, I've also re-enforced the frame mounts for the tcase....:D

No, I'm runnin TT 6:1 set..... There are ALOT of people around here runnin the set you have linked, and have had extremely good luck with 'em....I'd buy if I didn't already have case gears...:awesomework:

Those are the gears I'm running, and love them. A couple of buddies are running them as well, and haven't had any problems.

This guy on another forum i'm on, blew up some TG gears, looks like the upgraded front output even, on 37s. As you can read from the thread, TG took care of him with new gears and rebuild kit.

http://www.lj10.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3204

I run the 6.5, haven't had any problems with them. Well, other then the one broken T-Case due to not running a skid pan and finally paying for it. :D My cousin has the 8:1 kit in his Sammy, same high range reduction but a bit lower in Low Range.

If you decide to order, Low Range Off-Road is a great place to get parts from. Just make sure whom-ever you order the parts from has them in stock. It took almost a year for the 8:1 gears to finally come into Rocky Road. Then they asked if he wanted to wait another 6 months for the S-shift conversion for 2 wheel low...

Latest posts