• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sami ?'s and ideas

NotSoPC

Ok so I have been running a few things around in my head and looking around the net and can't pin point just what I want to do with the Sami. Sooooo I ask you. I was thinking YJ springs with the yotas I have. I also just got the plans for the GotTrikes.com bender so as soon as that is built I can start playin with it. I will be doin a cage but dont know if I want to go to the tail gate or slope it back behind the fronts. I am thinking a 1.6 swap and keep my 6.5 t-case. The big thing I cant figure is how much of a top do I want to run? The cold dont bother me much (the heater dont work anyway). Any pointers or ideas would be great:beer:

YJ's on Toy axles work great.:awesomework: I like my vortec, and TH350, however, I have a friend with a zuk, and I must admit the way he keeps his running gear high, and tight for clearance is awsome, and how light it all is helps for his sidehilling capabilities.

How much top is personall prefference, but all I run in a little tin roof cut to fit my roll cage, and no windshield. Anything more would get destroyed, as I love railing tree's.

The top I have is a soft top and I was thinking about removing the part that goes up between the door and top. If I remove that is there a top I can get that would work?

The top I have is a soft top and I was thinking about removing the part that goes up between the door and top. If I remove that is there a top I can get that would work?

Not sure. I am a firm believer in having tin over my head. I have seen too many dead falls. It doesn't take too big of a branch to kill you.

Not sure. I am a firm believer in having tin over my head. I have seen too many dead falls. It doesn't take too big of a branch to kill you.

Thats true. I was at one point lookin for the front part of a hard top but only found one and they wanted an arm and a leg for it. I like being able to remove the whole top on nice days and to let the mud in.:awesomework:

You can always rig something up with an aluminum sheet and dzus fasteners, that's what I'm thinking on mine since the bikini top I have is junk anyway, and i have the sheet already on hand (or at least I will once this next semi cab goes under the knife)

I like the look of just the windsheild and rollbar up top and could still do a sun top if I want but dont know if there is a full soft top for that set up. The doors are almost never on so even if the heater worked it would not be well.

Toyota axles are a toss-up now that you can get chromoly front and rear from Trail Tough. Unless you plan on an engine swap the stock axles with some backspace wheels should do you fine. A bigger engine swap then the 1.6 anyway.

As for the 1.6, put a shogun or kicker 3 in there. Dual t-case. :D

If you want to run the full soft top you need to keep the Targa Bar in place. I usually have a full length bikini top, keeps the rain off my back. Put a couple of snaps on the roll cage and you can run it with the windshield folded down.

SSPX0112.jpg

CIMG2510.JPG

DCP_0118.JPG

Last edited:
Toyota axles are a toss-up now that you can get chromoly front and rear from Trail Tough. Unless you plan on an engine swap the stock axles with some backspace wheels should do you fine. A bigger engine swap then the 1.6 anyway.

Well the reason for the yotas is cause I already have them. I plan on running the windshield up untill the frame gets smashed too much. Also just got a call from my pops and he went out and got a bender rather then build it. Sooo I will be playin with that on some ideas I have had for a while now:redneck: This should make it fun. On a side note, I am more broke now as I went and bought a Tahoe today so I now have a rig that I can haul the little one in and tow the sami if need be.:awesomework:

A tow rig is nice if you plan on bending up the sheet metal to a point that you can't run the windshield. If you already have the toys I can't fault you for putting them in. Being able to remove the entire top half of the rig really helps when bending the cage. :p

Yotas, YJ springs, 1.6L, 34/10.50's, full cage, bumpers built by me, paint, wheel:awesomework: This is kinda what I am thinking and keeping it streetable for now.

Latest posts