• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Saturday Fun......

I agree on upgrading my stuff... And I'm working on it... It's only been three months since owning the rig... And I can't do it all at once.

You should check out my Rc helicopters, which are fully built with all the right parts, never let me down, and fly every time... That hobby had its progression as well, so I completely understand that... But I'm 3 years + into that hobby... If I look back to WHAT I was flying at the 3 month interval, I'd cringe and laugh... But it's the best I knew at the time...

I love hanging/wheeling with every one of you... Can't wait to see where this hobby takes me!

P.S. No hard feelings here, I developed a pretty thick skin dealing with the Rc helicopter forums... And can read most content in context... That's what makes me the global moderator over at our site... And what better guy to guide and give a good 'ribbin' than the new guy<---- that's me. Carry on!

Last edited:
And... I've gotta wheel it to find the weak spots... And that is definitely what I'm doing! Lol

So far, I've been able to get it back to trail worthiness each weekend since I've owned her... (I know worthiness is a relative topic here)... I just can't justify another $5k right now to do it right and fix up this sammi or get another rig... But it'll happen, I have no doubt! Thanks to everybody for putting up with my progression... And trail repairs... And I will be sure to reciprocate in any way I can, when I can.

Yup... I've been out wheeling with no repairs or debeaded tires... And on those days I LOVE my sammi! It goes/follows much more capable rigs everywhere... But, my sammi, in its current state does have its limits... I'm just learning where those limits are...

I'm much more likely to try a different gear and pin the throttle, than pull cable through stuff where I can't make it... Unless I'm in a line of trucks on a trail and thats the only option... That is where I keep breaking stuff... At least I hope it's entertaining to watch me beat on my rig!!! Lol

Hell ya phil it was fun watching you do wheel stands trying to make it:cheer: things break and it happens to everyone, you trail fixed it and made it back to you trailer on your own power:beer:. Look forward to wheeling with you again:awesomework:

:cool::cool:

If the rig aint workin or is breakin on what your puttin it through it needs to be upgraded or sold and buy something better thats how ive progressed through rigs :cool:

cant wait to see the next rig you build, i mean buy from someone when your current rig is not good enough:fawkdancesmiley:

On the plus side... I really enjoy wrenchin on my rig! I love pulling stuff apart and fixing/upgrading. I figure its all part of the hobby... I just need more 'play' money to afford all the stuff I would wanna do...

As long as I'm having fun and enjoying myself, that's what counts, right? If I ever ruin your buzz out on the trail, leave me behind... I will always make it back to the trailer... One way or another. (Crossing my fingers) and so far, it has always been under my own power...

On the plus side... I really enjoy wrenchin on my rig! I love pulling stuff apart and fixing/upgrading. I figure its all part of the hobby... I just need more 'play' money to afford all the stuff I would wanna do...

As long as I'm having fun and enjoying myself, that's what counts, right? If I ever ruin your buzz out on the trail, leave me behind... I will always make it back to the trailer... One way or another. (Crossing my fingers) and so far, it has always been under my own power...

why would anyone leave you behind Phil? your fun to wheel with and you flog th shiat out of your sami:cool: Let me know when you are going out to test your rig again, I will tag along:awesomework:

Currently I'm debating between solid mounts, poly bushing mounts, or Polaris motor mounts for the T-case...

Either way... I WILL be trail ready this weekend.

I don't fault a guy for working his way up to a rig that is built to tackle most anything... If I had the opportunity/dough to buy the rig, I would have... The issue I have is telling a guy he's on crack for thinking the trails at Walker are challenging, when he built/bought his way into a rig that makes it easy to run Walker...Even then I bet there are spots where it'll challenge a person with a built rig. Take your Flattie up there, then tell us how it is! :redneck:

I hate guys that don't build their own rigs.:puke:

:stirpot::redneck:

Nothing New :swing:

Nothing wrong with buying a rig, everyone bought something and then made it theirs, Sam's a good dude and fun to wheel with:awesomework: and with his rate of upgrading rigs it will be interesting to see what he gets next:cool:

Currently I'm debating between solid mounts, poly bushing mounts, or Polaris motor mounts for the T-case...

Either way... I WILL be trail ready this weekend.

Whatever ones you choose make sure you do the same to your engine:awesomework: ideally you want to have common mounts..at least do the torque side of the engine and stay away from chain

Whatever ones you choose make sure you do the same to your engine:awesomework: ideally you want to have common mounts..at least do the torque side of the engine and stay away from chain

Divorced case on sami.

It needs poly bushings and a steel case/bucket on the tcase and beefed up frame mounts.

Latest posts