• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Saturday Fun......

Divorced case on sami.

It needs poly bushings and a steel case/bucket on the tcase and beefed up frame mounts.

Thats right, my mistake.. I always think in terms of yota since most of my sami buddies all run yota drivetrain...forgot about that

So... For the time being... Here's what I did...

Rummaged through the bushing bins at Olympic 4x4.. Picked up 3 black bushings with bolt sleeves, and hard bolted the t-case to the existing mounts with some 'squish' to the bushings... Depending on how it feels/performs I may cut down the sleeves a little so they can have a little flex...

I figured it'd be similar to the hard mounted aluminum spacers, with an added little bit of squish if needed... I think it raised the T-case about 3/8 or less than stock mounts would have been... So I'm curious if it'll hit the undercarriage/body... But for the moment it'll clear everything as is... Perhaps the lack of 'stretch' will prevent that... But only wheeling it will tell...

All in all, it cost me less than $15 to do it this way... Hardware and bushings...

Then picked up a fuel filter... Cause it started having issues at full throttle last time out.. Seemed like it was hesitating then bogging, then clearing out... Will look further into the carb if this doesn't provide the fix...

I removed the bad rear shock I bent/ripped off the axle mount... Will replace/reweld later...

So... Gotta top off some fluids... But I think I'm ready for the trails again! And our trail side rear tire re-bead is holding air... So, I just need to clean the bead on the spare and I'll be good to go...

And btw... I too have loved wheeling with Sam, and getting to know all the guys I'm wheeling with... Great bunch of guys, and everyone willing to help out with advice and knowledge along the way... I don't think he deserves quite the ribbing we've been giving him... Everyone is in this hobby, at their own level, and we are all having a blast! If we weren't... We wouldn't be here talking about it!

So... For the time being... Here's what I did...

Rummaged through the bushing bins at Olympic 4x4.. Picked up 3 black bushings with bolt sleeves, and hard bolted the t-case to the existing mounts with some 'squish' to the bushings... Depending on how it feels/performs I may cut down the sleeves a little so they can have a little flex...

I figured it'd be similar to the hard mounted aluminum spacers, with an added little bit of squish if needed... I think it raised the T-case about 3/8 or less than stock mounts would have been... So I'm curious if it'll hit the undercarriage/body... But for the moment it'll clear everything as is... Perhaps the lack of 'stretch' will prevent that... But only wheeling it will tell...

All in all, it cost me less than $15 to do it this way... Hardware and bushings...

Then picked up a fuel filter... Cause it started having issues at full throttle last time out.. Seemed like it was hesitating then bogging, then clearing out... Will look further into the carb if this doesn't provide the fix...

I removed the bad rear shock I bent/ripped off the axle mount... Will replace/reweld later...

So... Gotta top off some fluids... But I think I'm ready for the trails again! And our trail side rear tire re-bead is holding air... So, I just need to clean the bead on the spare and I'll be good to go...

And btw... I too have loved wheeling with Sam, and getting to know all the guys I'm wheeling with... Great bunch of guys, and everyone willing to help out with advice and knowledge along the way... I don't think he deserves quite the ribbing we've been giving him... Everyone is in this hobby, at their own level, and we are all having a blast! If we weren't... We wouldn't be here talking about it!

:beer::awesomework:

Yup... Think I'm gonna head back to walker tomorrow and give her hell!!!

Should be in the main lot by around 9:00 ish...

Anyone else wants to tag along with oneshot and I... See ya there!

Latest posts