• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Scale Class!

Toom

hey yall, i just completed my tlt truck for scale class....hopefully we will eventually have enough people for a new class at the comps!

this is a shot of the suspension: two polished tlt shocks and a associated buggy coil a shot of the front

Looking good man! I like the chevy body. Oh that's right, all your rigs are chevy! Nice!!:cool: :clappy: A scale class would be cool to have. I wonder how many rigs we need to start one.
Nathan

scale class

I just finished my scale bronco. I hope a scale class is coming soon. very cool rig by the way

Nice work Justin!

Two trucks is all we need to make a competition, in my opinion. I think it would grow from there. Some people won't be able to stand it if they think they are missing out on something (not me, of course :flipoff: )

Are you going to go run it in the ORCRC comp at the end of the month?

Tanis said:
Looking good man! I like the chevy body. Oh that's right, all your rigs are chevy! Nice!!:cool: :clappy: A scale class would be cool to have. I wonder how many rigs we need to start one.
Nathan
I think it is you need at least 3 rigs to start a new class.

What was that "VMG on the Web"?

Sorry, couldn't help it :redneck:

It might be three, but if two show up, I think we would let them set a scale course and run them. Why not?

Well have you seen him on the rocks?

Neither has anybody else! :kissmyass:

VMG - you're gonna have to come to a comp some time, we wanna know that you really exist :D

What makes it a scaler?

Just the chassis style, as in ladder frame?

IMG_6858.JPG

I just started this one tonight...

Here is what the OR guys define as scale:

Scale Truck Class

- Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Short rails and tube are ok.
- Vehicle must run a full body, or a most of a body and tubing. Fenders may be cut, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the other ORCRC members.
- No tires larger than the Mashers allowed.
-2 wheel steering only
- Weight in the tires is limited to 4oz per tire.
- Humvee's, Touaregs, Tamiya TA0 trucks and other scale R/C's are good to go!

There is also a great sticky on the topic from RCC here >>> http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35050

And for anyone who hasn't seen it, I think this rig here is quite possibly my favorite scale rig ever http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250038603497&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Todd1803 said:
Nice work Justin!

Two trucks is all we need to make a competition, in my opinion. I think it would grow from there. Some people won't be able to stand it if they think they are missing out on something (not me, of course :flipoff: )

Are you going to go run it in the ORCRC comp at the end of the month?

ditto on the nice work....any body got a scale frame for sale:flipoff: apparently Ineed to build another truck...jk, I never should have sold that bruiser:rolleyes:

So, I guess that would mean there would be a class for my XC then? Might have to find my way out to a comp and drag the 'Jero around the rocks a little.

Latest posts