• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

crashfab truggy c2 class scaler

wheelinjp

Ok so I have been building this for a few months. I dont know why I havent posted it up here to be appreciated by the real wheeler crowd.

Well it is time to start a new build for my c2 truck. I have always liked the truck I am tributing. I think the tubework is very clean and original and looks nothing like the average toyota truggy in the scaler world. I just hope the scale version wheels as good as the 1 to 1. I have wheeled with crash many times and have liked this truck since the late 90s when I met him. some pics for reference and what Ive gotten done so far.

planned parts:

axial tranny w/ robinson gears and 87t spur

axial axles with histeer, alum inner c's, mip cvd's and locked up.

tamiya hilux front fenders and hood

tekin fx-r esc

30t brOOd motor w/ 14t pinion

servo winch

mg 645 or better servo

cc bec

1.9 roklox on integy alum beadlocks w/ lil duece foams.

me.jpg

rails cut
SD532038.jpg

some parts and the frame started
100_0055.jpg

mikes rear axle truss
crashfab205.jpg

mine
101_0120.jpg

winch mount
101_0133.jpg

In order for this to be an accurate scale reproduction you will need to slow down the speed of this build. :haha:

Jk! Looks good so far. :beer:

more updates

101_0135.jpg

started the cage
101_0140.jpg

101_0148.jpg

100_0160.jpg

front cage and seats sitting in here
100_0246.jpg

getting closer with the suspension in.
100_0265.jpg

100_0270.jpg

fitting the front clip and new iroks
100_0299.jpg

couple of optimas haha
100_0294.jpg

thanks brad haha. it has been sitting for a couple weeks where it is at in the last pics. Not good since one of the scale comp series I compete in starts next sunday haha. I wont make that comp. :mad:

he is just jealous no one wants to do a tribute to his old ho-runna :looser::kiss:intraweb stalker!! I know you are joking around larry but dont you have enough websites you already comment on these builds in? total stalker. For the record I mentioned doing this tribute truck to mike almost 2years ago, and finally had a need for a new c2 truck. I have always liked this truggy because it has different lines than any toyotas you typically see :awesomework:

Last edited:
I'll be your stalker Sean :awesomework:

Can't wait to see it done and will be attending one of the scaler comps here soon to get some video footage...

I'll be your stalker Sean :awesomework:

Can't wait to see it done and will be attending one of the scaler comps here soon to get some video footage...

awesome mike, that would be really cool. I want some video of you driving it haha. :awesomework: make sure I know which comp you wanna go to and i will do my best to be there.