• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on dually's

Say bye bye to going through drive throughs.

I used to have a hay day taking out the bushes at the 85th st McDonald's drive through out by Bunk's old place every week :redneck:

All the drive throughs out here are much better though. :cool:

I used to have a hay day taking out the bushes at the 85th st McDonald's drive through out by Bunk's old place every week :redneck:

All the drive throughs out here are much better though. :cool:

That's cuz 90% of the folks out yer way drive duallies as commuters!!!:redneck:

I've been daily driving my Dually since '05. After awhile you get a feel for it and like Karl said, its just a fat ass sports car.

Mine is a 7.3L and I average about 18 around town/short trips on the freeway (calculated, not relying on the computer in the overhead console.) Best I ever got on a long trip was 26mpg on my way to Utah and back (unloaded). I love pulling my travel trailer with it. Its a Wilderness 26' bumper pull. I pulled Stevens Pass with it at 70mph. One of the best things about a Dually is you have the extra weight and width to safely stop a bigger load. When I finally wear this one out, my next truck will be a dually.
:awesomework:

hah... you wide butts are funny. I'll have to get my truck back on the road just to see if that "sports car" can hang with me :fawkdancesmiley:

sweet rig miss mine. Is yours a 6spd man or auto. I had a man 6spd. Dont try and shift it like a big rig. Have seen a few of them in my buddys shop cause of that. Never really needed 4wd on job sites but was nice. Got it stuck once and relized that once the stock mud flap touched the ground stop and repostion the rig. With that big of rig once your stuck its a bitch to get out. Dont put those dump ass wheel spacers in the back. Have fun with your new rig and congrats

I have a 02 duramax cc drw 6sp man and if I am nice i can get 20-23mpg. loaded 19,600 (camper,trailer,2 quads and sbc powered fj40) and I get 14-16 going to florance.but I also have a tuner and a boost fooler valve. and yes they can be aired down to go out on the dunes/snow.I got 14mpg on vac.in idaho with camper trailer,2 quads and going 65-about 74 mph. also done 250 miles of dirt/gravle roads at 35 or less. They also help if the trailer is not loaded right.

Dually pickups are nice for handling those heavy trailers or just for everyday stability.
Looks like a nice truck.

Just a couple tips... don't park that 6.4 with the tailpipe near anything flammable.

and when you are on the mnt passes you have to follow the same chainup laws as the big rigs and also the same everyday speed limits (something that is rarely enforced) as the big rigs because your door sticker is greater than 10k gvw doesnt matter if your driving your truck solo or with a trailer.

Hope this rig serves you well.

What I found with only chaining the outside is the inner acts as a gage wheel. Allowing the outer to dig a hole and spin with the inner holding it up. Thus getting no traction.

What I found with only chaining the outside is the inner acts as a gage wheel. Allowing the outer to dig a hole and spin with the inner holding it up. Thus getting no traction.

x2. You can run singles and they go on easy, they also do not work as well for the aforementioned reason. The inside tire will hold you up and not allow the chained tire to maintain traction. Been there, done that, ALLOT. Why ? Because you carry single's for the steer axle and three railer's for the the drive axles (duals).

This applies to snow/ice/FREEZING RAIN/or all combined. You get lazy, end of the day deal and throw a single, hoping it will be enough. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Once you get the feel/method down for laying your triples on, it really isn't that bad, but plan on laying down to do it.