• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Ford Ecoboost F-150's

junk. have 3 friends who bought them for work and sold them shortly after. Great mpgs under normal conditions, hook a trailer to it they go to pot.

Re:

My brother has a 14, with no issues. I have driven it a couple if times and like it. The first 2 years I heard they had issues but after that I think everything is fine.

For towing, I would think it would run a little harder due to being a 6. I haven't looked into it, but there is power to be had with a tuner and such.

One I rode in seemed kind of cheap made for it to be a ford. If your just daily driving and hauling trash of its a maybe. I wouldn't have one for towing a rig every now and then

My dad has had 3 of them now. He is now replacing it with a 250 due to pulling a bigger 5th wheel with jetskis behind it. He was happy with them. The mileage wasn't great pulling a trailer, 7-9 usually with a 28' 5th wheel. It had plenty of power though and would get 20 or so on the highway regularly. He always had Platinums so the interiors were all really nice. He liked them but wanted a little bigger truck this time.

They are alright for women to haul a few flowers and bags of mulch from the Home Depot but pick up Marsha and or hook a trailer to it and you wish without a doubt you had a V8. Had a fellow landscaper buy one he regrets it and regretted it when he started pulling his trailer and lawn equipment.

fordcontraption01 said:

I think i found a picture of that guy!!
41c969b5e927182e27b4b17d40497a1a.jpg

my brother got one about a year ago because his 2013 tundra was only getting 3-4 pulling his camper. normal everyday driving he's getting about 15 around town and about 19-20 on the interstate. pulling his 30 foot camper it gets 8-9.

My Dad bought a '14 a couple months back. Getting around 15-17 daily. I pulled a basic 18 ft car hauler, tractor and 8 ft bush hog and was impressed for it being a 6-cylinder. Drivin without a load it's got much more power than expected. I love the amount of room it has in the front and the rear. Of course it's not a great tow pig but for daily driving I think they're great trucks. I've never been a fan of a Ford until he got this one and as I stated earlier, it has impressed me.

My dad has one ( about a year old ) and is getting right at 16 city and if you don't drive like a maniac you can stretch it out to 21 on road trips.

They ride great. Tons of room. Available with plenty of bells and whistles. Will get up and go if you lay into it.

Who knows about longevity yet because they are so new, but I like his a lot.

And for you guys ragging on them, why are you buying a 6cyl gasser to pull a trailer with all the time??

My dad works at a ford dealer/ he bought a 12' new never had any problems they had intercooler well water build up problems in the early models if you called on it once a week it fixed that or they would put an air blocker to make the intercooler less effective! They have a ton of power daily driving 14 mpg around town 19-20 hwy 4x4 truck with stock tires! I'm not sure why these people are saying no power while towing? It is a small v6 so not a torq motor it relies on rpm and boost hince the reason for bad milage while towing! I would like to have one! If your buying to tow get a truck that is for towing f-150's are still only half ton trucks!

al1tonyota said:
My dad works at a ford dealer/ he bought a 12' new never had any problems they had intercooler well water build up problems in the early models if you called on it once a week it fixed that or they would put an air blocker to make the intercooler less effective! They have a ton of power daily driving 14 mpg around town 19-20 hwy 4x4 truck with stock tires! I'm not sure why these people are saying no power while towing? It is a small v6 so not a torq motor it relies on rpm and boost hince the reason for bad milage while towing! I would like to have one! If your buying to tow get a truck that is for towing f-150's are still only half ton trucks!
x2 on that last part for sure. Don't be hollering loose ***** with a cigarette ****. :rolf:

smbroady82 said:
And for you guys ragging on them, why are you buying a 6cyl gasser to pull a trailer with all the time??

X2. Like I said for what it is I've been impressed. And the interior is blowing the newer GM's out of the water in my opinion, mainly due to room. I can sit in the backseat and have plenty of room and the truck doesn't look disproportional from the outside. As a stock truck it has a more aggressive stance than most. I honestly haven't found a dislike with it. If I was buying a newer (13+) 1/2 ton, it'd definitely be on the top of the list.

Didn't read the comments because I'm lazy. But I wanted one so damn bad till I found out they were -direct injected, almost 100% dirt cycle on injectors already, and had some of the smallest turbo's running full blast. All that means up grades would be major $$. Oh, and I'm poor.

Just traded my 13 ecoboost. All comments above are dead on. I actually really liked the Ford, prior was an 11 Tundra. The missing link here is resale value. Sticker on my 13 was 51k, add in x plan and rebates and I was out around 43k iirc. Went to trade after 2 years and 44k miles and the dealers all offered 24-25k. So 20k loss in 2 years. Never again.
Bought a 2012 f250 with the 6.7, and yes the mileage is significantly better with the 8200 lb hauler and rig., but the f150 was more than adequate towing the same trailer.