• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Ford Ecoboost F-150's

I don't understand why anyone that needs a truck for truck stuff (ex. towing) would spend over $40k and not own a diesel. :dunno:

bgredjeep said:
I don't understand why anyone that needs a truck for truck stuff (ex. towing) would spend over $40k and not own a diesel. :dunno:

No ****! It's like buying a set of fake tits for the wife and getting B cups!

bgredjeep said:

I can explain why I did. I already have a tow rig, it's a 01 f350 7.3 dually. I looked at new diesels but the price of fuel is always more, the price of maintaining a diesel is 3x more (oil filters, fuel filters, oil, fuel additives, and less mpg), and the price of a new diesel was $11,000 more. For someone looking for a daily driver truck, that wants to be in comfort, sit up in the air higher, still get decent fuel mileage, and can still haul **** in the back... needless to say I'll buy another one, someday. :****:

bgredjeep said:

Because the newer diesel sucks and are at least a thousand dollars per trip to the shop the 6.0 PSD is why I didn't buy a diesel..... I have know folks to put 7,200.00 in them and still not run right.

My wife's work truck is a 2013 Ecoboost, 4x4. It has a 1500 pound (roughly) vet box in the bed at all times and gets around 15 mpg getting the hell driven out of it, mixed driving. It seems to run pretty good.

I've got a 2013 with 3:73 gears, and it does a great job!!! I towe a ton wrangler with a 21' trailer. I've owned 3 diesel trucks and and will not not own another, but I will say if your towing 10,000lbs or more you better get a diesel !! As for the milage its all in how you drive it, I've got as high as 24 around town and as low as 10. My average mpg with 32,0000 miles is 16.8, according to my dash, for what that is worth.

Whitejuggy said:
I've got a 2013 with 3:73 gears, and it does a great job!!! I towe a ton wrangler with a 21' trailer. I've owned 3 diesel trucks and and will not not own another, but I will say if your towing 10,000lbs or more you better get a diesel !! As for the milage its all in how you drive it, I've got as high as 24 around town and as low as 10. My average mpg with 32,0000 miles is 16.8, according to my dash, for what that is worth.
I knew you couldn't not say anything :****:

Just thought of another problem they have! They put this gay ass heat shield carpet thing under the cat area with jitzy little twist lock things and they will fall down or off going down the road. Not a big problem but causes a 1-1.5mpg drop in milage with it not there!