• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on Huntsville...

joho75287

Going to be there Thursday through Saturday AM investigating a potential job... work area would be Northeast of town not too far from 565/72.
Where's a good place to look at property? For perspective I currently have a couple of acres (2.5ish) decent 4 BR 2.5 bath single story brick ranch...with a 30x30 shop for all the toys. I'm not opposed to less property, and slightly out of town, but need good schools. (have 11 and 8 year olds).

Thanks in advance!

Post your question here: http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com/forum/

They will likely give you some suggestions. 565 and 72 run parallel to each other from downtown hsv to Decatur/Athens. I-565 is only west of HSV, not northeast. Out west of hsv are are Madison, Athens, Harvest, Monrovia, etc....

I would recommend Hazel Green or Buckhorn school districts.
I have lived in Hazel Green 20 years and my kids go to school there. It has really grown as of late and has all the necessities we need without having to drive into Huntsville.
The New Market area (Buckhorn High School) is some of the prettiest land in the county IMO.
Both of the school districts are good.
PM me if you want to discuss a particular area.

I grew up in Huntsville area lived in hazel green most of my life which is north of Huntsville and more rural area well at least it was.... a lot of people moving out of the city to the county. There is lots of open land to the northeast area not far from the city area. If you have any questions feel free to text me and I will help the best I can 256-656-8288

Wish it was that easy Kush... If it was just me, the gooseneck would probably already be halfway loaded and truck tanks topped off...gotta make sure momma is happy...or its a non start...

I live 5 min. from where you're talking about (born and raised). Where is the potential job?

Feel free to call or text if you need any info on the area.

Everything Jeff said is spot on.

Broady
256-six58-7122

I don't know where you live, but I can guarantee you it's not better than North Alabama... I may be a bit partial, but I truly believe that :****:

Thanks guys. I may take y'all up the offers and pick your brains a lil bit if I have questions. Appreciate the willingness to help me out.
I can't say where the job may be just yet. I know the CEO from a previous job and he needs some help squaring away his operations and gave me a call.
With how word sometimes travels I don't want to "out" anyone just yet until things are finalized and he can manage the messaging to his folks if necessary.
Right now I'm going to evaluate the situation and see if it's something I want to dive off into.

Re:

https://k12.niche.com/rankings/public-high-schools/best-overall/s/alabama/

https://k12.niche.com/rankings/public-school-districts/best-overall/s/alabama/

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Lampley said:
A lot of people drive south from tn to huntsville 30-40 mins. Land is cheaper, no state income tax.

Good point state income tax...TX doesn't have one either, it would be nice to keep that scenario.
Schools probably aren't great up there in TN hills tho, I bet...

Some are good some aren't. Really depends on where you live. My wife grew up in Fayetteville, tn which is just north on huntsville across the tn line.

Huntsville is awesome! You'll be right in the middle of a bunch of badass wheeling spots with a couple hours' drive! Not to mention Huntsville is a really nice city. Little of everything there.

If you live in TN, you will still have to pay Alabama state income tax if you work in AL.
Also, the property and sales taxes in TN are higher to offset the lack of state income tax.