• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on RC crawlers

I got into them several years ago with my son and wish I had more time to still mess with them. As stated they can get expensive quick but just about any hobby is the same way. We prefer the crawling rigs over go fast but we also built rock obstacles to play on. There's some serious scale and upgrade parts available.

Here's a few of them.

Re: Re: Re: School me on RC crawlers

onepieceatatime said:
That maybe the coolest ford I've ever seen full size or RC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
It's an rc started as a ax10 scorpion kit then everything got replaced. Here's a few more pics of various stages.
699e9f8defa777419a0bda270d9cf947.jpg
7d19feee90f7326a477b56e03cffd083.jpg
bef3b8acc613c620aff0ad75d6ea5622.jpg
2d0fb788a4aeb2a384f5e48e65f6760e.jpg
8e54261738cda0988b0e36f47878f725.jpg
7a1d59641ae722005346e1ca25d68c3d.jpg
38737587707c2e8b2e98e3b622d01af3.jpg

I've got an scx10 that I won at a raffle last year. It's pretty fun. Luckily I have plenty of places to use it near the house. I even built a little rock garden out behind my shop to mess around on. Nothing special. But it's enough to keep me occupied for twenty minutes or so. I'd like to add a little ground clearance. But overall I couldn't see myself spending a bunch of money on it.

be36df0532cd35c0c15eac26cb75b4c7.jpg
372606f1dbfe462dd0c1c9b47742ceaf.jpg

I have a couple scx10's. Simple mods will make big improvements on how they perform. I moved the battery to the front and mirrored the trans.
Right after I got the second one I kept rolling it so I took it in and moved the battery on it and mirrored the trans and it was night and day difference on the way it climbed after that.
You can change a lot of the stuff to metal also. All depends on how much money you want to put into it. These are a first for me and have been a blast so far!

I've been kinda sorta looking for a deal on one for me and my 4 yr old to play with. I like the Wraith but I'm afraid it will be too fast for her to learn with. Can the gearing be changed to pretty much a fast crawl?

Craig_c said:
I've been kinda sorta looking for a deal on one for me and my 4 yr old to play with. I like the Wraith but I'm afraid it will be too fast for her to learn with. Can the gearing be changed to pretty much a fast crawl?

gearing and motor changes are easy and cheap.

Just get a 55t motor and swap out the stock 27t that comes on the wraith. That alone will slow it down and give it plenty of torque for crawling.

The motor should be $10-15.

or swap on the smallest motor pinion gear and largest spur possible, that'll gear it down and it'll have a lot of punch with the 27t.

also batteries will last a lot longer.

My sons scx10 has a 55t in it and it slowed it waaaaaaaaaay down.

letting the little guy beat on the axial cost me a lot for aluminum upgrades but he loves it.

I've been around RC for 20 years, always raced though. I just got my nephew a Bomber and I like it. I'm going to pick up another one to have around so he doesn't have to play by himself. I'd suggest it. It is a little slow but that can be fixed easy enough.

I have too many. Prob 10 or so together and quite a few more in parts. Have spent prob bout 10g's or so. This was before the rig. It's fun, addictive , but at the same time I can drive my rigs for hours and hours... Keeps me busy when I get bored with something. Hands down my fav is my Berg, moa. Motor over axle that is. Ya have 2 motors, so with the right remote ya can control wheel speed of each axle.. It's a competition rig. Not really for kids.
You can't beat a wraith. Still my top pick for best all around. Whatever u do , NEVER buy new. I repeat NEVER NEVER buy new. It's just like this ****. You wanna buy a stock jeep and build it or let someone else sink 1500 in it and buy it for less than half price. Join Rc crawler classifieds or fb groups to find the deals.. Gotta be fast when u see one tho. They go quick.
Then expect to do as much research as you do on this **** also. The mods are Fukin insane and never end. A good set of vanquish wheels new are 200 buks or so. Add tires at 70 and u have 300 buks in Rc wheels and tires. How's that sound? I know .. But just wait. Shits badass. And I am 100% sure that it teaches one how to drive off road. It's amazing how it's identical.
I'm a g in the Rc game .. But there's someone on here that was way deeper than me... I actually built a rig and got a lot of info from him.. Way before I knew about hardline. He won 1.9 nationals a few years ago. He just acts like he's out of the game. Ain't the right ITTY BITTY?? You know you wanna chime in fuker! :flipoff1:

kushKrawlin said:
I have too many. Prob 10 or so together and quite a few more in parts. Have spent prob bout 10g's or so. This was before the rig. It's fun, addictive , but at the same time I can drive my rigs for hours and hours... Keeps me busy when I get bored with something. Hands down my fav is my Berg, moa. Motor over axle that is. Ya have 2 motors, so with the right remote ya can control wheel speed of each axle.. It's a competition rig. Not really for kids.

Wholly chit man your a RC pimp! :JRich:

You can't beat a wraith. Still my top pick for best all around. Whatever u do , NEVER buy new. I repeat NEVER NEVER buy new. It's just like this ****. You wanna buy a stock jeep and build it or let someone else sink 1500 in it and buy it for less than half price. Join Rc crawler classifieds or fb groups to find the deals.. Gotta be fast when u see one tho. They go quick.
Then expect to do as much research as you do on this **** also. The mods are Fukin insane and never end. A good set of vanquish wheels new are 200 buks or so. Add tires at 70 and u have 300 buks in Rc wheels and tires. How's that sound? I know .. But just wait. Shits badass. And I am 100% sure that it teaches one how to drive off road. It's amazing how it's identical.
I'm a g in the Rc game .. But there's someone on here that was way deeper than me... I actually built a rig and got a lot of info from him.. Way before I knew about hardline. He won 1.9 nationals a few years ago. He just acts like he's out of the game. Ain't the right ITTY BITTY?? You know you wanna chime in fuker! :flipoff1:

I've been looking at these as well just haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger. I have a Traxxas T-max right now that doesn't get used anymore and I think it's probably a little to much speed for my 6 year old to control at this point. I'd like to find an electric RC crawler with decent speed that we can both use.

Punkin85 said:
I've been looking at these as well just haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger. I have a Traxxas T-max right now that doesn't get used anymore and I think it's probably a little to much speed for my 6 year old to control at this point. I'd like to find an electric RC crawler with decent speed that we can both use.

Check out the scx10 honcho they do good stock. Lower it an move battery to the front an rock out. A 27 turn brushed motor works out good to.