• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

School me on tire grooving

jaybird1ton

I have a set of 44 boggers that I want to groove or shave the flat part between the lugs to make my tread depth deeper. I do not have a groover and was looking to get one but don't know if that is what I need for this particular job. I know that one is used to cut out the lugs but thought a wood chisel that was heated would do better for the grooving or shaving that I was wanting to do. My small lugs have already been cut out by the previous owner. Any advice would help...thanks! And also what kind or size tube would you recomend running in these tires 44/19.5/15. I tried 1 tube and popped it within 30 minutes of wheeling. It had around 10psi in it when I started. The valve stem was ok just a hole in the tube itself.

You can use a grinder with a knotted wire brush to do what you are wanting. I have done several boggers that way to clean up the look of the cut after taking out the small lugs. But be warned it makes a hell of a mess. :****:

I use 1/2" electrical conduit. I put an edge on it with a grinder and heat it with a propane torch. It cuts like butter and no mess.

This is the tube you need. It's the correct size and also made of natural rubber. You need to clean the tire and wheel and patch any holes first. Dirt inside is what causes holes.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-320033/

gubni said:
I use 1/2" electrical conduit. I put an edge on it with a grinder and heat it with a propane torch. It cuts like butter and no mess.

This is the tube you need. It's the correct size and also made of natural rubber. You need to clean the tire and wheel and patch any holes first. Dirt inside is what causes holes.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-320033/
x2 I run tubes in all 4 of my 44's and have NO problems

What is the theory behind the tube? That it won't puncture when you pinch the tire outside and tear its sidewall? Or is is just a fix for a tire that will no longer hold air?

44" tsl's cut to the cords with tubes. Flex like crazy and hold air great
photobucket-947-1347894820382.jpg

photobucket-22380-1347894802423.jpg

photobucket-18669-1347894793401.jpg

What did you groove your tsl's with I'd like to do mine like that already running tubes and are cut a little but no where near that deep