• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seatbelts save lives

Our group always wears our harnesses/seat belts and quite a few of us finally got helmets too. It only takes one bad roll to change the lives of the people that love you. I'd rather be safe than sorry!

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
Our group always wears our harnesses/seat belts and quite a few of us finally got helmets too. It only takes one bad roll to change the lives of the people that love you. I'd rather be safe than sorry!

This is something I'm going to look into before to long. I don't think I could go full face spaceman helmet like Patooyee, but would like something between my head and the cage since its gonna be pretty close on the left side. Is everyone liking the axel helmets?

FlatlandFSJ said:
This is something I'm going to look into before to long. I don't think I could go full face spaceman helmet like Patooyee, but would like something between my head and the cage since its gonna be pretty close on the left side. Is everyone liking the axel helmets?

I got my axel in last week, so far I love it. I wore it all day Saturday in and out of the truck , I kept telling my lady that I felt safer and I now want to get her one. I have a single cab yota and I am about 6ft tall and was hitting my head about half a dozen times on the door, the headache it saved me Saturday was worth the money already.

I ordered the wrong size ( a little too big ) but with my hat on under the helmet it fits great, I think I will like the larger size during the winter while I'm wearing a beanie under it also.

We just had a guy roll this weekend with no belt. His head and face kept the cage from getting scraped on the rocks. Broke all the bones in his face, induced coma, brain swelling, the whole nine yards.

My Brother says they are sitting in the woods and hear a kid yell real loud out of nowhere "THE CAGE IS ON HIS NECK". The kid yelling was his Grandson who was riding with him. My buddy says he was holding a towel on the guys face to keep it from bleeding and he could feel his broken jaw moving in different directions.

Re:

I borrowed an Axel to take out to KOH, I wore it some, there was a vendor selling DOT approved Skid Lids, the Skid Lid is heavier but much more comfortable. I bought one and have been trying to get in the habit of wearing it on a more regular basis

Re:

mdo817 said:
I borrowed an Axel to take out to KOH, I wore it some, there was a vendor selling DOT approved Skid Lids, the Skid Lid is heavier but much more comfortable. I bought one and have been trying to get in the habit of wearing it on a more regular basis

Is Skid Lid a brand? If so I can't find their web page. Or is it just a generic term for biker half-helmets?

I've got a Bern Macon helmet in the jeep. It's about the same as the Axel helmet. I just had to find something to fit my big head and the XXL Macon did the trick.

Re: Re: Seatbelts save lives

smbroady82 said:
I got my axel in last week, so far I love it. I wore it all day Saturday in and out of the truck , I kept telling my lady that I felt safer and I now want to get her one. I have a single cab yota and I am about 6ft tall and was hitting my head about half a dozen times on the door, the headache it saved me Saturday was worth the money already.

I ordered the wrong size ( a little too big ) but with my hat on under the helmet it fits great, I think I will like the larger size during the winter while I'm wearing a beanie under it also.
I remember you from Saturday. I was in the silver tj on tons. Followed you around for a minute then you went up whiskey still and I said nope!!! Lol

I don't know about other people but the stories I been reading on here. Me and the olé lady are going be in full harness everytime we get in the jeep from now on. Just not ready to go out and buy a helmet yet tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Seatbelts save lives

juicetenn said:
I remember you from Saturday. I was in the silver tj on tons. Followed you around for a minute then you went up whiskey still and I said nope!!! Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

yeah man that was a nice jeep!

I didn't realize y'all were following me , I was drivin around looking for a buddy who ran off and left me :mad:

I won't name any names... they know who they are......

Re: Re: Re: Re: Seatbelts save lives

smbroady82 said:
I was drivin around looking for a buddy who ran off and left me :mad:

I won't name any names... they know who they are......

Whoever that jackass is, I'm sure he's very sorry and I bet it won't happen again.

I've gotten in the habit of fully belting up before even cranking up. I've even shut the rig off until the passenger straps in. I'm looking at helmets now too.

Seat belt saved my life before.
8cd3b007ef0cccfb61d20b8c5d74b955.jpg

I've been wearing the full harness lately as well. I've made sure Shannon's daughter has worn the full harness since she started driving the buggy. We both have Axel helmets now and plan to wear them full time.

onepieceatatime said:
Seat belt saved my life before.
8cd3b007ef0cccfb61d20b8c5d74b955.jpg

Where did this happen? Looks like a really hard hit or cage wasn't tied properly to the frame.

Re:

It was the stock cage and on the road. I was young, dumb, and drunk. Don't remember what happened but best we could tell was I missed a curve, went in a ditch, hit a driveway and went airborne and end over end and it landed upside down in the ditch. I walked out on my own power somehow. We're guessing I wrecked around 2 am and they found me walking down the road at 7am looking for help because I lost my phone. Had a broken arm and a concussion. Definitely a life changing experience.

7cf05bad88d7353f5f61ba9c059438b9.jpg
Biggest thing I'm thankful for is that I didn't have a passenger because they wouldn't have made it.
1842c5da37bb328c0b9ead9470775ec0.jpg
Hard to tell in this picture but B pillar ripped and broke the headrest on the seat
68111b2c82eac34d7d57857a533faad4.jpg
Luckiest day of my life.