• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seatbelts save lives

I don't know that this has happened lately, but unfortunately with most accidents involving alcohol, innocent bystanders are the ones that get hurt while the driver often walks away just fine. Everyone knows that not wearing seatbelts greatly increases the chance of injuries in an accident and that alcohol impairs your judgment and delays your reaction time. Any combination of these two is simply taking unnecessary risks in a sport that is already full of risks.

Not a crawling incident but related. This past Thursday night two 18 year old friends jumped in a truck to "run to a friends house" just down the road, Sneads FL. At some point the truck dropped off the shoulder of the road, driver over corrected and rolled several times. Driver was not wearing his seatbelt , ejected and died. Passenger was wearing his belt only suffering minor injuries. I am coworker with each of these kids parent. Talk to you children, have them read the article from WTVY.com. Buckle up, seatbelts extend lives.

Batmobile Will said:
Just next time you go wheelin "tell your love ones I might not come back home to you because I don't want to take 20 seconds and hook my belts" see what response you get js :dunno:

so true!

Batmobile Will said:
Just next time you go wheelin "tell your love ones I might not come back home to you because I don't want to take 20 seconds and hook my belts" see what response you get js :dunno:

Very true!

This is sad all around, being one of the 1st to Shannon, all I can think about now with these guys is wake up! How friggin stupid can you be!

Re: Re: Seatbelts save lives

Batmobile Will said:
Damit!!!!!!! RIP Nick 19 years old riding in the cove this weekend rolled rzr came out of it and landed on him :(
That's sad.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

highrolrcustoms said:
Im prob gona piss alot of people off with this comment but........ ive been to ALOT of events and the amount of alcohol consumed amazes me...... COULD THIS BE A FACTOR? I do not drink but ive always wondered......get a few beers in you and get to feeling good and safety goes out the window? I have even seen some racers drinking before they race and even more after. Im not judging anyone...... so dont take me wrong. I would just like to see the drinking limited to back at camp...

I don't know if Kenny had been drinking because I wasn't there. BUT I will say that I believe alcohol is a factor in some cases of not buckling up. I don't drink on the trail now at camp I'll throw down with the best of them but on the trail I will not drink. You don't drink and drive at home why would you do it in a buggy/jeep just because there is no pavement?

I don't think alcohol was a factor in the KF rollover. Someone just posted a general comment above about drinking and bad decisions and then like a game of telephone the next thing you know alcohol was a factor.

If KF agrees to buckle up from now on I think we should all pitch in $5 to redo his suspension geometry :****:

Right I wasn't saying he was drinking but the comment about the events is more what I was referring to. The last time I went to the bounty hill (when it was only 10k) the guy behind us was so drunk he kept falling down. Then him and his buddy decided they wanted to go ride around in the rzr. I don't know if they buckled up or even if they wrecked my point is were they smart enough to fasten seat belts. I have started becoming more conscience about wearing more than just my lap belts since reading through this thread.

I think the bottom line is, just put your seat belt on....... Period! Pretty simple.

Wasn't their a seatbelt alarm video posted in this thread? I thought someone on this site was making them to sell. I have tried searching but am coming up short. Any help would be awesome, or am I crazy?

I've got in the habit of wearing my Axel helmet now....no big deal. Actually feel a little safer!
Always wore my belts since the day my buggy was completed. :dblthumb:

Batmobile Will said:
Jake Burky was working on something, but if you make that the first thing what you set down it will become habit and that's the best way :dblthumb:
Thank's, we are having a safety contest at work that pay's $25,000 to the winner. I was going to see how hard it would be to install on the Backhoes etc. If I win it goes to corprate and a possible $100,000 if they implement your idea.

I always wear my full harness at all times and so do my passangers. Not up for discussion. There are memorials on the trails I wheel to remind you every time you pass them.