• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Seatbelts save lives

Older pic but still relevant. Walked away without a scratch. The stuff that fell out was only a backpack and a bag with a sweatshirt I threw in the back for some buddies riding dirt bikes. Guys in full bodied rigs should also make sure all the gear is strapped down good so it doesn't harm the occupants inside in case of a rollover.

Batmobile Will said:
You know I get to hear all these bad stories about how people got hurt it's refreshing to here the ones where they had there seatbelt on and had a great time and didn't get hurt !!!!! But something to think about one of my friends was out wheeling Sunday had his seatbelt on but had a hard roll ended up with 18 staple in his head !!! On that note your going to see a helmet on my head of some kind on any hill

Did he just bang his head off the cage?

All this being said.........how many of you goobers jump in the tow pig for the ride home and leave off your uncomfortable three point seatbelt?

lowbudgetjunk said:
All this being said.........how many of you goobers jump in the tow pig for the ride home and leave off your uncomfortable three point seatbelt?
Also a second note off that second note how many people have seen the dumbasses chugging beer after beer with there kids in the back really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I make my wife drive if I have one beer/drink. I started wearing my belt on road at 21. A few years ago, after almost removing JohnG's front of his motorhome, I started wearing my belts off-road before ever cranking the vehicle I am in.

lowbudgetjunk said:
I make my wife drive if I have one beer/drink. I started wearing my belt on road at 21. A few years ago, after almost removing JohnG's front of his motorhome, I started wearing my belts off-road before ever cranking the vehicle I am in.

Yea. Great idea and love it. But we gonna need a little more to that story bud

1974 Scout.....I was going to pull my tire onto Bad80CJ's tire. I used to like taking pictures all the time. Throttle return spring broke. I pushed the Ford Tetanus buggy quite a few yards before it stopped and I proceeded over the top of it. After going over the top, I took a hard right, missed two tow pigs and shut her down. After getting out, I see that I narrowly missed Johns motorhome by a TacomaJD's hair.

It was eye opening. It wasn't just a danger for financial ruin, but also a realization this could have happened at any time and my own life or someone else's could've been affected.

Fast forward.......ask Nateddwawg or Kush about my last outing at Choccolocco. I am getting more respectful, but fully aware of the dangers that exist.

Batmobile Will said:
Park rules at AOP you must wear seatbelts !!!! I thank AOP for stepping up to make this a rule hope other parks do the same

Never heard of a single park that this was not a rule.

Posted with my thumbs from Tapatalk.

kushKrawlin said:
I'm getting a seat belt tattoo!! From my waist, up across my chest to my other shoulder!! Or may a 5 point harness. Ouch.. .! :woot:

Don't forget the crotch strap. Can I sell tickets and beer?

Posted with my thumbs from Tapatalk.

Seeing on facebook that Kenny Forbes rolled his buggy today at AOP leaving the mountain and didnt have his seat belt on. Took him out in a ambulance. He is gona be ok from what i read. Just beat up and sore. WHAT IS IT GONA TAKE?????

highrolrcustoms said:
Seeing on facebook that Kenny Forbes rolled his buggy today at AOP leaving the mountain and didnt have his seat belt on. Took him out in a ambulance. He is gona be ok from what i read. Just beat up and sore. WHAT IS IT GONA TAKE?????

Unreal, glad he's OK.

Im prob gona piss alot of people off with this comment but........ ive been to ALOT of events and the amount of alcohol consumed amazes me...... COULD THIS BE A FACTOR? I do not drink but ive always wondered......get a few beers in you and get to feeling good and safety goes out the window? I have even seen some racers drinking before they race and even more after. Im not judging anyone...... so dont take me wrong. I would just like to see the drinking limited to back at camp...

highrolrcustoms said:
Im prob gona piss alot of people off with this comment but........ ive been to ALOT of events and the amount of alcohol consumed amazes me...... COULD THIS BE A FACTOR? I do not drink but ive always wondered......get a few beers in you and get to feeling good and safety goes out the window? I have even seen some racers drinking before they race and even more after. Im not judging anyone...... so dont take me wrong. I would just like to see the drinking limited to back at camp...

I kinda commented the same thing a couple days ago and it didn't go over well ;D

I sure hope that has nothing to do with it. sounds like laziness or "it can't happen to me" syndrome

I hate hearing/reading about people getting hurt when this is so simple to do

highrolrcustoms said:

I'm not there but was alcohol a factor? ???? So your saying if he's drinking a seat belt wouldn't have helped?

Anyways thoughts and prayers for him and his family, , PUT ON A BELT! !

I've been shunned on a "ride" because I wasn't hitting a cooler every 5 min for another beer at 1 o'clock in the afternoon. No big deal, I can get drunk anytime, I don't have to sneak away from my home/wife/life to do it. If I drive hours to ride at a park that's what I'm going to do.

Buckle up or :gtfo:

I've seen a wheeler change from a 5 point "latched all the time" to a "lap belt will be just fine" after some heavy drinking. Ever see someone get knocked out on their roll bar tubing, cause they were just wearing their lap belt? It's scary seeing a vehicle driving itself, with no way to stop it. It's not just the lives of the people inside the rig that are at risk. What gets me the most is,how much time and money that has been put into one of these high end buggies to make it as safe as possible. High dollar suspension seats, harnesses mounted in just the right way, the right size tubing, with the right amount of triangulation, the right distance away from your head. All for what? Nothing! I see it as monkey see monkey do. For a veteran, who has been wheeling for 20 years, proly will be fine driving up a easy trail with his lap belt. So the novice figures they can do the same.

Be an example. A good one.