• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sexy buggy build!!

Alright, I have been putting this off due to the amount of work involved...........but here I go.

Tired of my front end parts becoming loose and breaking, I had this front axle that I have building off to the side. It is an AX10 axle w/ CVD's, Aluminum high steer, Aluminum inner C's, new steel tie rod with steel heims, and heavy duty steel locker.......

Off to the photos:

Here it is with the front end all ripped out, ready for the new one:redneck:
newfront2.jpg

....and the new axle:awesomework:
newfront1.jpg

While I was at it, there was some needed attention to the front. I had this thing as low as I could get it with what I had to work with, but that wasn't good enough. I cut the very front apart and re-did it:awesomework: Should work much better now:D

newfront.jpg

Now I have to wait for the paint to dry so I can begin re-assembly:awesomework:

ALRIGHT!! Got the front back together:cheer: So much more turning:D Lock to lock, no rubbing!

newfront3.jpg

newfront4.jpg

newfront5.jpg

Now to modify the pitman arm and build a drag link.......:corn:

Yet again, more changes

All that torque was fun, but now I want speed! I got a wraith trans and a 7 turn puller from my brother. I lost the dig option as of now, until I get the dig for this trans.....oh well. It worked out pretty awesome. Bolted right up to the same mounting location of the HR LowCG trans

I am running a 20 tooth pinion and stock spur, as of now. We will see how that works out for me. I got a bunch of different pinion sizes, but it seems you can't fit much larger than a 20 in there without modifications. May end up putting a smaller one in anyhow.

On with the pictures:

OUT WITH THE OLD

wraithtrans2.jpg

wraithtrans4.jpg

New setup
wraithtrans3.jpg

Just sittin in there
wraithtrans1.jpg

INSTALLED:cheer:

wraithtrans.jpg

Last edited:
So I stuffed all the electronics back in it to see how fast it is .....
Holy smokes!!! This thing hauls Ass! I think I will be leaving the 20 in it. :awesomework:

I had the throttle trim on the radio, set at less than half way for some reason. Upon maxing it out, this thing screamed across the living room and I have the drag brake set to 100% on it, so when I let off, it immediately did a front flip. That is pretty impressive considering how HEAVY it is:redneck:

Got some new treads and a little bit skinned(finally) I am diggin these claws Love the new clearance and stance. I am running proline's memory foam out of my old 2.2 TSL's and it seems to be just right.

They are the new 2.2 Mickey Thompson TTC Baja Claws:awesomework:

ttc1.jpg

ttc.jpg

damn those look badass fo sho!!! time for a test session. let me know if you want to hit the skook this week sometime.

Thanks! Yeah, I can't wait to see them perform. Hopefully it was a step up from the tsl's. I know I gained a bunch of ground clearance:awesomework: Is the comp on the 6th still? I will be there for sure. What time is it at anyhow?