• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

sexy buggy build!!

Okay....B-pillar time, and yet again, I ventured away from my original drawing.... That's just the way it goes I suppose.....
buggybuild08.jpg

How about the view as god would see it???
buggybuild09.jpg

Now that I have the main part of the B-pillar out of the way, I can now locate my door bars:

buggybuild10.jpg

Little different angel:
buggybuild11.jpg

Now comes a cool one. I have been looking forward to doing these bars....

buggybuild12.jpg

Different angel:
buggybuild13.jpg

I think I am done for the night.:hi:

Would you recommend steel brake line or solid stock. My idea is to use steel to build the axle housing so the weight is down low. I think I would be better off using steel brake line for the chassis.

Would you recommend steel brake line or solid stock. My idea is to use steel to build the axle housing so the weight is down low. I think I would be better off using steel brake line for the chassis.

If you want to keep it lighter, I would recommend using break line. Solid stock is WAY more forgiving though.:awesomework: I built a different all tube chassis out of solid stock and it wasn't a problem for me. Heavy, yeah, but that thing stayed planted to the course better than anything:redneck: Might be a little harder on parts, but I never broke anything as a result.
What are you bending the solid stock with? Are you heating at all to bend it?

I am bending it with different size radiuses that I can find around the garage, and using a bench vise for most of the other bends:awesomework: No heat needed, I have found. It is easy enough to bend cold.:;

Started this morning with working on my shock mounts. Had a bit of an issue in the front with the lower framerail right in the way........problem solved

Fronts:
buggybuild17.jpg

You can see in this picture, where I cut out the frame section and welded in an "X" brace of sorts:

buggybuild14.jpg

The rears are fairly simple. Just a couple hoops. I will probably tie them into the chassis at the top to make them not so funny lookin:

buggybuild16.jpg

Progress so far:

buggybuild15.jpg

:hi:

Got some more work done. Windshield brow and windshield pillars, and also welded some nuts to the shock towers for my "soon to come" suspension Didn't get pictures of the nuts welded on, but you can use your imagination for now...
buggybuild20.jpg

Another angle:

buggybuild21.jpg

This thing looks pretty mean:redneck:
buggybuild19.jpg

I think that link mounts will be next, so I can set the wheelbase and get this sucker on it's own weight by the end of the day:awesomework:

Looks pretty sweet!

Kind of reminds me of a stretched out version of the curvy buggy they are building on xtreme 4x4.

So it's sitting on it's own weight now!!:redneck:
It will sit a little lower with all the electronics, trans, and battery, but you get the picture. I love the stance this thing has

The wheelbase ended up being 13.5"!! OOPS! A little over my original number, but we'll see how it acts. I put tons of droop in the suspension, so that should help a bunch.

buggybuild22.jpg

A view from the front
:awesomework:
buggybuild23.jpg

......and the stinkin poser shot.......
buggybuild24.jpg

These shots are with the upper links missing. I have yet to build those and install them. Guess I procrastinate a little.......:fawkdancesmiley:

Alright, I have my steering and front upper links taken care of......:awesomework:

buggybuild27.jpg

buggybuild28.jpg

Battery sits right on top of the upper links:awesomework:
buggybuild26.jpg

Made some more progress this morning Got both the boatsides on. Just need to finish filing down all the welds

Here is the first side. Started filing down the welds......
buggybuild29.jpg

Got the other side welded.....
buggybuild30.jpg

Almost ready for paint!! Few more minor details.....

:cool::awesomework:

I got those two pieces of tube in on the B-pillar:cool: DEFINATLEY needed it.:awesomework:

buggybuild31.jpg

Time for paint???
Any other ideas before I clean it up and put color down???:corn:
I almost think it needs something else in the rear section of it, but I don't want to over-complicate this thing.

Edit: It does need a skid plate built before paint, so until I get a trans goin for this thing, it may come to a hault for a bit.......

Last edited:
ALL CLEANED UP AND PAINTED!!!!!
buggybuild32.jpg

buggybuild33.jpg

buggybuild34.jpg

I just went with Gloss Black for paint. It will be the easiest to touch up for when I take it to shows:redneck:
As you can see, I have made a skid plate as well. I just used 1/4" thick cutting board Has worked well for me in the past :awesomework:

:awesomework:now that is sexy!!!! throw some pitbulls on that beotch and you got a superbadass scaler!!!! class 3 right there. oh the new 2.2 bogers would look sweet with the small lugs removed too. good work phil. :awesomework:

:awesomework:now that is sexy!!!! throw some pitbulls on that beotch and you got a superbadass scaler!!!! class 3 right there. oh the new 2.2 bogers would look sweet with the small lugs removed too. good work phil. :awesomework:

Thank you :D
I was going to do rear steer on it, but now I am doing rear digs. Still comp legal with that? hmmm.... 2.2 boggers eh? I have run the tsl's and loved them for an all around tire. How do the boggers perform? I just want to build more!! :redneck: