• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shackle angle/length

badboytoy

i know i know im a newb...1st build for me..so take an easy :D ...tryin to figure out what angle and length i wana go with on my 80' yota. got 14" bilsteins front n rear. trailgear 5" up front (new) and using 1/2 ton 63"s in rear. any ideas on a good starting point ? im buildin my own shackles...so any length..dont matter. looked all over on pirate for info...and kinda thinkin 6.5" eye to eye in rear. with around 45* angle on shackle. and 6" eye to eye in front. maybe 6.5" as well .....any input appreciated. and all flaming prohibited:flipoff: :corn:

6 1/2" in the front is too long... 5" maximum unless you want a monster truck. Which with those front springs you will almost have one anyway. :haha:

The rear you are about right on the length/angle ratio. But the front you won't need that long of a shackle. I'd look into building some boomerang shackles to clear the body mount.

boomerangs for the front ? those are just bent in the middle a lil bit arnt they ? and that would prevent it from hitting body mount when compressed correct ? thx for info guys...im learnin :)

Latest posts