• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shaking front end

85buggy

Is there room to pass ?
Hit a pot hole yesterday in a slight curve at prolly 65 mph
In my dodge 2500. Truck started do bad had to almost stop
To settle it down. What might b the problem ?

got yourself a case of the death wobble. it can be caused by anything. mine was from a bad ball joint and my dad's was from a bad tie rod end. thats the only bad thing about a cummins.

Re: Shaking front end

My buddy had a wore out trac bar that was causin his death wobble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine had a bad case. I replaced tie rod ends annd that helped it. I replaced the steering stablizer with a Bilstein and it almost eliminated it. But I also know my truck needs ball joints. Mine is a 2004 2500 with a Hemi and around 170,000

85buggy said:
Only 20k miles 18 months old ? I've heard about death wobbles.

This is going to sound like I'm being an asshole, but I swear I'm not... It's a Dodge, get used to it :****: Chrysler has never gotten their steering issues figured out, and the slightest amounts of lift only make it worse

Someone told me a tire isssue could cause it. Happened to me and a friend in his TJ not too long ago, I almost jumped out of the jeep!! :eek:. That is some sketchy **** depending on how bad the wobble is. He just grinned and said you get used to it and figure out when it's going to happen.. Haha. His was steering box issues.. It honestly felt like the wheels were going to lock up one way. Haha. Good luck.

My jeep does it also. Got used to it. I'll check it all out its under warranty.
Has after market wheels. So we will c

Re: Shaking front end

y2enudup.jpg
ytyheje9.jpg

Sent from the woods or the beach or usually just at work

my 05 3500 ram did same. i first replaced track bar bushings, it helped lil bit but could feel it wanting to wobble when hit holes or bridges. i then replaced all steering and stabilizer and still felt loose. i replaced all ball joints and put energy suspension bushings in parallel links still didnt feel rite, i put a steering brace on it from sum company in Tn and fawker drives like caddy now!! truck has 130,000 on it so i think it was combo of everything having sum wear on it, does great now with brace, steering feels tighter also.

had several in the shop trac bar ,stablizer shock , tie rods even tire pressure. more than once truck rolls in 45 lbs of air in tires air them up and it goes away. ran into a bunch of after market stablizer shocks that were new not enough pressure or resitance but a new oem back on it goes away.Dodge also sell a updated sterring linkage with pitman arm that also helps and it's not that expensive when you consider it replaces all the linkage,sterring shock and pitman arm.

What are the chances you bent a rim hitting the pot hole? That would make it wobble pretty good. Wish I had a newer model Cummins but I guess I'll run my 12v till the wheels fall off.

I had an 07.5 3500 DRW that would shake so damn bad I was ready to insurance it out. It had a brandnew set of BFG's on it when I bought it, after replacing several things to try and correct the DW, I finally noticed the tires were only C rated. The dummy I bought it from was too cheap to buy the E rated. I never noticed, just assumed they were E rated. I put new tires on it and fixed the problem.

kushKrawlin said:
Someone told me a tire isssue could cause it. Happened to me and a friend in his TJ not too long ago, I almost jumped out of the jeep!! :eek:. That is some sketchy **** depending on how bad the wobble is. He just grinned and said you get used to it and figure out when it's going to happen.. Haha. His was steering box issues.. It honestly felt like the wheels were going to lock up one way. Haha. Good luck.

Tires can cause it. If a tire is seriously out of balance, and it will compound with other factors. The bigger the ire, the worse it will be. Stat with the easy, move front tires to the rear, and see if it goes away. Alignment can multiply a mild problem into a bad DW. Toe in can cause it. As others have said, trac bars are notorious for it. Dont buy the get used to it. I have a Dodge Ram, lifted and never had the slightest DW. Good luck PS, I love the color of yours. I wish mine was that color. for some reason I totally dig the charcoal grey on the Dodges.

Latest posts