• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

shock mounts

Cole1

Has anyone put shock mounts off a new f350 onto a 73-86 full size chevy? I want to put them on so i can get a longer shock up front but they mount on the outside of the frame were my steering shaft runs. I'm getting ready to set it up for crossover steering soon so I know ill need to go to the 2wd chevy box. Is there any type of steering box i could some how mount to the inside of the frame rails and not mess with my steering shaft to much or should i just get rid of the f350 shock mounts?

I ran the ford shock mounts on my 1981 Blazer. I mounted them on the outside of the frame, not the inside. I'm not sure why you would mount them on the inside of the frame.

I ran the ford shock mounts on my 1981 Blazer. I mounted them on the outside of the frame, not the inside. I'm not sure why you would mount them on the inside of the frame.

I want to put them on the outside but i just cant figure out how they will work with the steering shaft. Seems like it will be to close of a fit,could you snap some pics if you still have the truck so i can see how you set them up?

Last edited:
Hey, Gordon how much did they cost ya? Local Ford stealership wants $20 ea. Just interested for comparison sake.

The same ($19.95). Shipping was less than fuel to the closest Ford Dealership, so I went that route since I don't like them.

Latest posts