• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shock or suspension issue?

Rjhoward32006

Toyota based buggy 22re/auto/built axles.
Fox 2.0 emulsion 16" shocks
100lb upper 150lb lower.
200 or 250 psi nitrogen cant remember exact
Stock valving

First ride out I noticed going uphill on loose rock/gravel. The front axle likes to hop. Like hitting 100 speed bumps that are really close togethor.
Making traction slim to none. Is this something i can correct with valving and nitrogen or is this a link adjustment?

Also running red labels and it didnt seem to do this on boat ramp, just the loose climbs.

Any advice is appreciated

Suspension is the main problem. But I will bet your valving is way off as well. :****:

Picture of the links set up will make this 100% easier to diagnose. I am not going to help, I am a hack at best, but the guys that do know will require it. Sounds like link set up to me. I adjusted lower link mounts on Hop along Sami and got rid of what was left of my hop.

Will load pics and numbers tonight. Like i said it was built with the basics in mind and put through a calculator.
Dual triag. Top links are 3/4 or more than lowers. Iirc top links are 34" bottoms are 40"
Fairly parallel with adjustable top frame side brackets. Plenty of triangulation. I adjusted them on the calc until i could get my under and over steer were minimal.

What are your vertical separation on the front axle and you rear antisquat won't really mater what is your front anti dive %

Looks to me you don't have enough vertical separation on the axle end but who know **** don't look quite in pics sometimes post up the calculator numbers for the front

Just looking at the pics it looks like moving the upper links to the top of the truss indtead of the face will help. What's the numbers from the link calculator for the front?

Jduck said:
Just looking at the pics it looks like moving the upper links to the top of the truss indtead of the face will help. What's the numbers from the link calculator for the front?

This,

Plus I would move the lower links up also. Slightly above axle center line.

Re:

So I literally had the exact same problems and I have a very simaler buggy on reds I had Wayne from altec tune my suspension and told him the same thing your saying and from across the street he said I didn't not have enough separation at the axle I ran the numbers and my Anti squat was terrible so got it up to 65 and still had trouble what we did today take Into consideration was with a buggy sprung so light putting 2 200 pound people in it actually sags the suspension 1.5 inches completely changing my geometry for the worse so moral of the story run your numbers at ride hight with weight in your buggy and you will find your flaw Wayne told me they try to biuld rock buggies with 10 inches of separation at the axle that's not possible for me with my chassis so I'm getting as close as I can

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Seperation at both ends is about 5 1/2" so that very well may be my issue.
Its going to get complicated as i do not have room to really move the uppers up at full bump, sooooo
Were going to have to figure something out

Theres not much triangulation at all in the lowers neal so i'm not sure how much they can be moved out, even then its not going to help for spacing issues as the radiator and other things are right above the link mounts

Rjhoward32006 said:
Theres not much triangulation at all in the lowers neal so i'm not sure how much they can be moved out, even then its not going to help for spacing issues as the radiator and other things are right above the link mounts

My rig is a COMPLETE pos, but my front lowers are practically straight with my uppers triangulated but still having 11 inches of separation. It climbs well and the front never really hops unless I am at a near vertical climb and I honestly believe that is because my rear is set up too soft and very little to do with front link placement