• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Shock / Suspension Setup

Todd1803

Hey All,
In anticipation of the comp next weekend, I've made the first notable upgrade to my 2.2 Clod, dumping the plastic Maxx shocks in favor of Team Losi XXX-T MF edition rear shocks. Right now I'm rather amazed at the difference a set of shocks can make! The truck just seems way more flexible, and I still have some work to do on the lower mounts.

I was trying to figure out what oil to run, and was looking for some advice on how much dampening you want for a crawler? Do you want it to flex super easy, so run really light oil, or do you want a little bit of resistance from the shocks?

I was also wondering if amybody lets the chassis "sag" at all on the suspension, as you would with a race rig, or is it generally run at max ride height to help breakover angle on the middle of the chassis?

Thanks all, and here's hoping for a break in the weather before next weekend!

Todd,

We run heavy oil, the reason is you don't want or need the truck to react to quickly, I run 60-wt in mine, and 90-wt in the stick, as for ride hight I set mine with about 1/4 to a 1/2" compresion and the rest is droop, you also might want to make some type of travel limter for the front.

I B..